How do you write an NFC tag?

Jonah P

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to figure out how to use the NFC Interactor app to write my own NFC tag. I really want to program it to open the music app so I can put it in my car.

I know you use LaunchApp but I cannot figure out what to put in the fields.

Can anyone help?

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to figure out how to use the NFC Interactor app to write my own NFC tag. I really want to program it to open the music app so I can put it in my car.

I know you use LaunchApp but I cannot figure out what to put in the fields.

Can anyone help?

I too downloaded the trial and find it to be incredibly confusing as I don't know any app IDs. I was hoping it would be a 'select an app' and it would auto populate the information. If anyone can help it would be great!

sandman

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out how to write as well. I bought the NFC Interactor and I can't get it to commit to the nfc tag Nokia provided. I wonder if the tag they provided is locked...

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
same here guys. im thinking that lumia tag is locked. but you can get 5 nfc tags on amazon for $10. i just got them but im confused as **** as to how to program them hoes, someone help!

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You can get the appid's through the windows phone store, though it's cumbersome. Using your browser, find the app in the windows phone store, then copy out the GUID component of the URL.

For example, the URL to the facebook app's page in the store is http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/facebook/82a23635-5bd9-df11-a844-00237de2db9e. The APPID is the GUID part of the URL (for non-developers, the GUID is the long hexadecimal string at the end) - "82a23635-5bd9-df11-a844-00237de2db9e".

As I said, it's cumbersome. I haven't had a chance to test it yet though I've got some tags on order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism