Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By AbsoluteZerow
  • 1 Post By KoukiFC3S

is this app available for the 920?

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    A very simple google search would have answered that.

No, it is not available.

You can also browse the Windows Phone app store from your browser at Windows Phone (United States)

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    You can use BandWidth, same purpose as Speedtest.net's app.
    KoukiFC3S and henilp89 like this.

Is it weird that I get faster internet speeds using LTE (16mb/s) over using my home WiFi (10mb/s)? My at-home PC internet speeds are over 30mb/s.

Wonder if I have router issues or is it a limitation of the Lumia 920's built-in wifi?

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    I like this one.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I use Quick Bandwidth Test. It allows you to choose the size of the file downloaded to test your speed. I choose 20 MB...LTE usually tops out at around 15 Mbps.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InnocuousScreenname View Post
    I use Quick Bandwidth Test. It allows you to choose the size of the file downloaded to test your speed. I choose 20 MB...LTE usually tops out at around 15 Mbps.
    Really? I've only tested once so far and got 28 up and 11 down.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    Really? I've only tested once so far and got 28 up and 11 down.
    Yeah, I think that's the best I can get in my area of DFW.

I have used a variety of apps to test my bandwidth and get a variety of results. One test from one app will be 30down 15up and ill try again with another app and get 12down 10up.

Is it normal to get such a variety with back to back tests with different apps. When I try to do back to back tests within the same app the results are rather close

Quote Originally Posted by Landsharkk View Post
    Is it weird that I get faster internet speeds using LTE (16mb/s) over using my home WiFi (10mb/s)? My at-home PC internet speeds are over 30mb/s.

Wonder if I have router issues or is it a limitation of the Lumia 920's built-in wifi?
    I get this too. I get over 30mb on LTE and about 15mb on wi-fi. My brother's iPhone 5 gets over 50mb on LTE at home. I'm sure the differences in the app's server test make a a bit of difference as well. But generally, LTE is way quicker than our 20-25mb home internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by sabotagebx View Post
    I have used a variety of apps to test my bandwidth and get a variety of results. One test from one app will be 30down 15up and ill try again with another app and get 12down 10up.

Is it normal to get such a variety with back to back tests with different apps. When I try to do back to back tests within the same app the results are rather close
    That is probably those use different servers and it is normal. Speed also depens time of day and all other factors.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    yeah, baby...rocking solid 4mb down and 1.5 up on my area's only available 4G (no LTE).

Eh, better than edge I guess.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Actually did another run of Quick Bandwidth test in another area of town and hit 33 mb down...that's faster than my wired connection at home.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    It's been submitted, but not available yet. In fact, it was submitted a few weeks ago. Should be soon.