- 11-13-2012, 01:57 PM #127
Here's one for ya'll and I don't even own this phone, but I confirmed it while playing with it in the AT&T store.
When you play a video (try anything from youtube) - the back, start and search buttons stay lit all the time and never switch off. How annoying would this be if you were trying to watch a video in the dark.
Gotta say - I have money all put aside to buy this off contract but am most definitely not going to be getting one just yet. I'm shocked at how many issues seem to be cropping up. :dry
- 11-13-2012, 02:25 PM #130Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
Last updated: 05/13/2013
11-13-2012, 02:35 PM #131
- 3 Posts
I ordered my lovely Cyan Lumia 920 as soon as AT&T put them on presale-- I love the phone.
In general, I have no functional problems with it except for one issue.
---> At boot I have graphical tearing (looks like corrupted graphics, artifacting). This STARTS once "Windows Phone" splash screen begins, but NOT earlier (AT&T and NOKIA splash screens are unaffected). It persists into the booted WP8 OS for a little while-- all of the tiles are artifacted/torn-- but only for about 20 seconds or so. If I turn off the display and turn it back on, it will go away and will not happen again until I reboot my phone-- but then it will consistently occur.
1. Has anyone else observed this?
2. What steps should be taken to attempt a fix?
3. Should I go through the trouble of swapping out my phone while I still have the chance?
Once the screen kicks off the artifacting, it works like a charm and doesn't have any problems until it boots back up from a cold boot.
Does anyone share my plight?
- 11-13-2012, 03:03 PM #133
I tried taking a picture today and the whole screen was green. Same when I tried taking a video or using the front facing camera. Exited the camera app and tried again, to no avail. I ended up rebooting the phone and that fixed it.
edit: now that I think about it, I installed skype last night. Could be a bug with Skype.
Last edited by ozziegt; 11-13-2012 at 03:10 PM.
- 11-13-2012, 03:34 PM #135
I'm french and using a Nokia Lumia 920 for about 2 weeks now (we were lucky to have it earlier in stores). Have a few feedbacks that could be interesting here:
- Battery drain. During the very first days, battery life was really not impressive. 6 hours for the first drain test. I downloaded a lot to set it up, including all my applications (was using a WP7 before). The firsts days were giving me between 6 -10 hours a day of battery life. I did not changed the setup form that time but it improved quite a lot. I'm now having around 24-27 hours battery life almost constantly. However, as I can not take it for 2 days without charge, i'm used to charge it every night, starting at midnight and running out of the charger at 7 am. I do not use induction charger yet, as I still need to find one.
- Freeze and soft/resets. I did not experience a single one during the 4 first days. And then starting to have almost a daily or 2 soft resets a day. I did install the app "Battery tile" on the 3rd day. The first time, I noticed I have to key the pin code of my sim card on the 4th day (suspected a soft reset, but not sure until I saw it happening). Not sure it is linked, but this application was stopping to report the proper charge sometimes, so I uninstalled it. This was last Thursday. I did install Battery Level for doing the same, with more functionalities. I did not experienced a single soft reset since. I would tend to suspect Battery Tile to have caused my issue of soft resets. Not sure however it is the case.
11-13-2012, 04:15 PM #136
- 8 Posts
Reporting this weird bug when the screen goes dark while placing/receiving a call.
It seems like it's caused by an overly sensitive proximity sensor. I've played around a bit and it seems to intertwine with a 'prevent accidental camera launch' feature, meaning I couldn't ever turn my camera on from a lockscreen. However, wiping the screen (top right, near the sensor) and turning this feature on and off again seems to have fixed it, BUT not the black screen during call bug.
Here's a thread on Nokia forums on this same problem:
Nokia Support Discussions - Proximity sensor doesn't switch off - Lumia 920 - Nokia Support Discussions
Seems to be popular...
11-13-2012, 04:42 PM #137
- 11 Posts
I can confirm 2 of the issues.
1. Sound "pops" got words with friends, when taking letters, the sound appears to pop instead of sounding smooth. It will happen a time or two, then it will not, and return later.
2. Freezing. Happened this morning for the first time. Had my blutooth connected. Took a call, had to manually tell my phone to use my head set, although it was connect already, but when i hung up, my phone stayed there on that call ended screen. I tried what i could to reset it. Even tried steps for a hard reset, but i think that only works when the phone is powering on. After about 15 minutes my blutooth told me "connection cancelled" due to my phone resetting on its on.
11-13-2012, 05:01 PM #138
- 34 Posts
I'm more than pleased with my white 920, but one issue I noticed today... I have dust in the front facing camera :( It's not an overabundance where it's blocking the sensor or affecting pictures from what I can tell, just a few specks. It appears to me that the recessed earpiece is not completely flush with the front glass on the side next to camera (we're talking micrometers here). I don't think I'll return it... I'll just live with it. But if it becomes an issue with picture/video conferencing problem I may think twice.
Kind of a bummer, but I've had none of the problems that others have dealt with. Speakerphone sounds great, and the vibrate rattle is just how it's going to sound so I can deal with it. I did have one issue that was fixed with a restart where speakerphone would not go louder than level 1 no matter what number I put it on. Oh well, I just chalk it up to early software adopter issues.
11-13-2012, 05:56 PM #139
- 7 Posts
I am having some of those sound issues with cracking, distorted, and stuttering at various volume levels. Well, it happens in Xbox extras but doesn't present itself too often outside of that.
However, since I'm a brand new AT&T customer and I just got the phone I think I will take precaution and return it to a store since I did order it online directly form AT&T.
Unfortunately, It seems all the local stores are out of stock so I'll have to wait for replacement.
11-13-2012, 06:44 PM #140
- 906 Posts
I have a few different audio issues so far...
First, WAV files no longer play. I get WAV audio file attachments in email from my Exchange server for my voicemails. On every previous phone, I've listened to them without issue. Now it tells me it can't play this type of file. I tweeted to @NokiaCareUS and got a response that they would look into it. (Responded within 3 minutes of my tweet to them!)
Second, when I'm on a call with someone, if an email alert comes in, I hear a very faint text notification TWICE then the email notification once. It is VERY distracting to hear "ding ding ****ing DING!" in my ear all the time, lol.
Third, when I unplug my headphones (or more commonly the audio cable in my car), the audio playback doesn't pause. And when it eventually realizes it's not plugged in, it reverts to playing loudly.
That said, I've not experience ANY of the other issues people are reporting including battery life issues (with the exception of yesterday having Facebook/Skype chats signed in all day... removed Skype and it was perfect today). I've been a very HEAVY user of GPS this week while I'm traveling in Indiana for work, so I can pretty much rule out Drive+ as a source of issues.
11-13-2012, 06:55 PM #142
- 906 Posts
Also, I have to agree... I'm NOT happy with Xbox Music transition. That's on Microsoft more than Nokia or Lumia, obviously, but the whole music sync experience is complete and utter garbage right now. I had to re-download a lot of my music to get things going again, AND WORSE, I lost my Zune Dynamic playlists moving to Xbox Music... they're now static playlists. I had one that auto-updated for "liked" and "unliked" music.
- 11-13-2012, 09:24 PM #144
Had my first real issue. I've owned the Lumia 920 since launch day, and I had been charging it via a USB cable connected to my desktop. I always charge my phones this way.
Well, I decided to try charging it using a wall outlet. Left it overnight, and went to work in the morning. The battery stayed at 100 percent. An hour later, it's still at 100 percent. Three hours later...yup, still 100 percent.
Well, a soft reset took care of the issue, but I did a factory reset just to be safe.
I'm charging the phone once again via the wall charger. Let's hope that this was a one time thing.
11-14-2012, 12:06 AM #146
- 6 Posts
Haven't seen this issue posted elsewhere, wondering if it's unique.
When I first got the phone, I was driving around a lot, and of course used my nifty new phone.
The GPS would find me, find directions, and show it all in Nokia Drive, but the GPS would never update my position. Turn by turn navi obviously didn't work, because the phone seemed to think I was always at my starting position. It also occurred sometimes in the middle of following directions; that is, randomly in my trip, it just stopped following me, telling me I was 4 miles away from next turn for 20 minutes.
It occasionally corrected itself and jumped back to following me.
- 11-14-2012, 01:26 AM #147
I don't know if it's been said already but the audio crackle/ piped speaker sound is not from music or even the external speaker from being defective, it still happens with headphones in and it only does it to the alert sounds on the phone, not music. My titan did this as well. Its a OS issue I think.
- 11-14-2012, 01:54 AM #148
Anybody have issues watching embeded youtube videos on sites like forums?
On the 900 i was able to watch youtbue vids embedded in threads on a forum i go to now it says i need flash or a browswer which supports html5 which ie10 does support.
Any help appreciated.
- 11-14-2012, 02:58 AM #149
- 11-14-2012, 06:20 AM #150
I have another issue related to bluetooth - i'm using the Chrysler 430 audio and the voice dialing no longer works - with my previous iPhone, a simple tap to call will recognize your voice. Lumia 920 will not recognize names in my contacts/address book, but will recognize numbers. I'm not sure if this is a setup issue or something that is no longer supported, can someone please direct me in the right place? Thanks, much appreciated!