Bug/defect checklist for new and future Lumia 920 owners

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I had a freeze today after playing some games for the first time. So that I don't repeat the whole thing, here is a thread I started earlier on the issue. http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/202130.htm

This is a good idea for a thread. Eventually, it could be sent to Microsoft and/or Nokia so that they can have an idea of what bugs people are experiencing for updates and fixes going forward.

Regards,

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll monitor the new complaints on here and if they seem to be issues with a few people and not isolated to one, I'll add them to the list. I had forgotten about the daytime photo issue. I've added it to the list.

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
When I got my phone, the first one froze on the way home for like 10 minutes, totally unresponsive. I turned around and right when I got back to the store, it rebooted. I told the reps and while I was showing them, it did it again. They gave me a new one. No restart issues with this one.
After reading this thread, I noticed I have a similar color issue to what Cubanaso has. On the top edge, on the side opposite the sim door, there is a discernable change in sheen. It's super subtle but there and nothing I'll be taking it to the store for. Battery life is about the same as I experienced with my Sammy focus. It dies get warm in the top rear when charging and during heavy use. The focus would get worse. No light leaks. Not a bug, but man o man, those bottom buttons are bright. The screen doesn't appear as "bright" as the 900 I holding it next to right now, but that's a function of the auto-brightness adjustment. If I turn that off, its as bright, even more so, than the 900.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Great thread. Thanks for putting this together!

So far only seeing the greyish white tones. It seems like this is the way it is supposed to be though. It was noted as a yellowish tone in the Wired review. The screen is still a beauty and super bright.

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've also had the vibration issue which is sad as it sounds like something is rattling. Even a replace did nothing so sounds like they all do it.

I had to replace my phone because I had seen me dust under the screen. It was sad too. I don't know how but when I used it, it was clear as day.

I also have heating issues but it wasn't too bad. It seems when I'm installing lots of apps or playing games, it gets warm. Nothing too bad but noticeable.

I also have a massive battery drain issue so I'm going to try and disable the background task of Nokia Drive and see if that was the cause.

Hope a software update fixes some of these issues, but I wonder how the dust got in the phone... :(

Hope to hear from Nokia soon.

Memristor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Everything worked great on my Lumia 920 until today. I hooked up my Lumia 920 to some speakers through the head phone jack. All I could hear was some pulsating coming from the phone. So I unplugged the speakers and plugged it back in which caused the phone to reboot. After it restarted it showed a message that my SIM card is blocked. Now the phone requires a PIN unlock key from AT&T before I can make calls again. How is that even possible that a phone crash can cause such a disastrous SIM card error.:mad:

Did anyone else experience this problem.

RyoTGZ

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have some weird flex where the whole top part of phone flexes in if I push in on it. Also huge delay when playing a song on Xbox music from my collection.

Same here. If I push down in front of the headphone jack, it moves and makes a popping noise. If we are the exception, I might look to exchange it. Unless this seems like a common occurrence.

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
My battery seemed to drain quick and charge slow during Friday and Saturday. Now its Sunday night and both issues are gone. What I do have an issue with is how hot the top rear of the phone gets. Especially when using the camera, right above the lens it starts to get very hot.

leonbelize

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Everything worked great on my Lumia 920 until today. I hooked up my Lumia 920 to some speakers through the head phone jack. All I could hear was some pulsating coming from the phone. So I unplugged the speakers and plugged it back in which caused the phone to reboot. After it restarted it showed a message that my SIM card is blocked. Now the phone requires a PIN unlock key from AT&T before I can make calls again. How is that even possible that a phone crash can cause such a disastrous SIM card error.:mad:

I have two issues to report:
1. The headphone Jack - I plugged in my aux cable and it wouldn't transfer the audio to the radio. I tried two cables. When I pressed firmly it launched TellMe which said "that command cannot be executed while the phone is locked" or something like that. The problem was resolved with me restarting the phone while the cable was in.

2. Bluetooth - Surprised no one has mentioned this maybe it's only me. I have Bluetooth in both my cars. Sometimes it wont pair. The 900 used to pair in secs after the car was turned on. My 920 is not detecting it fully. The car will miss it in the boot up process then the 920 will try to connect. It will switch for a sec and then unpair? Plus, I noticed that I had it pair up, got out the car, when I came back and turned the car again it didn't pair. Went to Bluetooth settings on my phone, and without doing anything it started to pair again. It's like the Bluetooth is not starting as needed and falling asleep when away from a paired device. Hope this helps some. But I must say that apart from that, this phone is awesome. I find myself picking it up often just to touch it. The matte black finish feels like satin and the screen is beautiful to look at and touch. In LoVE!

Arman215

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
issues with bluetooth

Many users including myself can no longer pair their phone with their cars after moving to 920. Some can connect but no phonebook is shared with car, some can't connect at all.

Before 920 I was using Lumia 900 and had no problems with connecting the phone to my car, so are most of the users reporting this issue at Nokia support site. This is serious and will cause many to drop Nokia or Windows phone 8 if it turns out that it's the new windows to blame.

Here is the link to the support thread:

Nokia Support Discussions - Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems - Nokia Support Discussions

swedefox

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I may be experiencing something similar. When I plug something into my headphone jack going to external speakers, I get a hideous pulsating hum or sorts. Oddly, on my one pair of headphones, I can't notice anything. I've only had the phone a few days, so I'm going to chalk it up to manufacturing defect. Replacing on Monday.

No other issues.

ace182

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have two issues to report:
1. The headphone Jack - I plugged in my aux cable and it wouldn't transfer the audio to the radio. I tried two cables. When I pressed firmly it launched TellMe which said "that command cannot be executed while the phone is locked" or something like that. The problem was resolved with me restarting the phone while the cable was in.

2. Bluetooth - Surprised no one has mentioned this maybe it's only me. I have Bluetooth in both my cars. Sometimes it wont pair. The 900 used to pair in secs after the car was turned on. My 920 is not detecting it fully. The car will miss it in the boot up process then the 920 will try to connect. It will switch for a sec and then unpair? Plus, I noticed that I had it pair up, got out the car, when I came back and turned the car again it didn't pair. Went to Bluetooth settings on my phone, and without doing anything it started to pair again. It's like the Bluetooth is not starting as needed and falling asleep when away from a paired device. Hope this helps some. But I must say that apart from that, this phone is awesome. I find myself picking it up often just to touch it. The matte black finish feels like satin and the screen is beautiful to look at and touch. In LoVE!

I am also having this issue.

I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with Uconnect and the lumia 920 wont reconnect upon getting back into the vehicle. I have to go into Bluetooth settings on the phone and tap the Uconnect device from the list to have it connect. Did not have this issue with my iphone I replaced and I had a 2011 Charger with a different Uconnect then the jeep has and use to use it with my Lumia 900 and never had a problem. Anyone else having reconnect issues after initial setup with a Bluetooth device. Once I manually reconnect it stays and works fine.

I also started a thread for this, as it may be vehicle specific and would like to get a list of what cars/systems are not working correctly.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/202183.htm#post1752493

mattpker

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth Issues

I am also experiencing Bluetooth issues. The one that is consistent is that when a song is done it cuts out the audio connection and then will not play the next song at all. Sometimes if I press play/pause a few times it will start playing again, but usually I have to disconnect the device and reconnect. This is happening in both the Music player and Nokia Music. Whats weird is if I change the song manually it will work without issue, it is only if the song ends and the next song plays automatically. Is anyone else having this issue?? I know its not my receiver because my iPhone works without issue.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Many users including myself can no longer pair their phone with their cars after moving to 920. Some can connect but no phonebook is shared with car, some can't connect at all.

Before 920 I was using Lumia 900 and had no problems with connecting the phone to my car, so are most of the users reporting this issue at Nokia support site. This is serious and will cause many to drop Nokia or Windows phone 8 if it turns out that it's the new windows to blame.

Here is the link to the support thread:

Nokia Support Discussions - Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems - Nokia Support Discussions

Have you deleted your Lumia 900 from being paired with the car. I remember reading in the 900 thread that owners had to delete their previous device from car pairing for the new device to properly pair up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos