Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes

It's not just those areas where it gets in - it's also the tiny gap that some 920's have between the screen and the case. You could see fine dust in that gap on mine which was removed/moved by blowing on it.

Had mine for a week, no dust at all. :)

Quote Originally Posted by alphonsohall View Post
    Kuturgan.......I've just also ordered this one........i assume it doesnt silence the earpiece?
    YES! IT WORKS! Today I tested it on my Lumia 920. Rubber stopper works fine and it doesn't silence the earpiece, BUT first of all, you should cut off two-thirds of the stopper (be careful not to loose the piece when you cut it off because it is so small) and plug-in only the hat + about 5mm of the base with the ring on it. If you cut off the ring the stopper wont be properly hold in the socket. Hope you can see it on the image. Hat+base+ring

wp_20130114_003.jpg
    wp_20130114_005.jpg

As you can see on the first image I've tried to cut-off only one-third of the stopper, but it didn't work. Then I cut-off another one-third and it works like a charm. Lumia doesn't detect it at all and it holds well in the socket. Good luck guys. Now we need to be sure that all the dust in the front lens comes from the head-phone socket. Only time will show. I cross my fingers.

Here how it looks when plugged-in.
    dsc_0005.jpg
    Last edited by Kuturgan; 01-14-2013 at 06:04 PM.
    Thanked by:

Blow this!

Run!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rdef View Post
    the stopper will not help.

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuturgan View Post
    Now we need to be sure that all the dust in the front lens comes from the head-phone socket. Only time will show. I cross my fingers.
    Here how it looks when plugged-in.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0005.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	592.1 KB 
ID:	26855

Let us know whether you get any dust post-op. Who knows, maybe Nokia could start selling these in different colors and make a ton of money from a design flaw- just like Apple did with the iPhone bumper case a few years ago (to fix the dropped call issue).
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234