Day 2 - Already have dust under front facing camera

Jaymil

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I just posted in the other thread about this.. just noticed today that I have 3 very large dust particles inside my FFC as well.. Super annoying. I'm meticulous about keeping my phone clean but I do keep it in my front pocket so it will get dust on it from time to time. I clean it off.. I can see this getting much worse over time and I fear it won't be an isolated incident even if I exchange it.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I tired with the dust can and I couldn't get my dust out of the ffc. Right now its not effecting the picture so I will not worry about it But I will have to keep an eye on it.

F2a

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow, I blew compressed air into the ear speaker hole and it cleaned out the FFC. Why wouldn't they seal it?!

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Even from the pic the OP posted I don't see dust. I see artifacts from whatever took the picture; maybe the OP should check whatever took the picture? My black 920 is pretty much physically perfect since launch day. No give, squeaks, dust, scuffs, scratches, rattles, bongs, boings, or bangs. Maybe Nokia has a bad batch out, but mine is solid as a rock. If yours is really having issues get it replaced. The 920 is as high quality as any iPhone or Android.

JGtz

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine has several specks of dust inside the FFC also. At least two dozen tiny pieces of crap. Some of them are stuck to the lens, most are stuck to the glass. I just noticed them today, I'm 100% sure they weren't there when new; i got the phone the ninth. There is definitely a crack between the earpiece and the FFC because being my anal-retentive-self of cleaning my gadgets I have blown air into the earpiece slot a few times since lint likes to nest there from my pocket. Apparently that was a silly thing to do. The more you know, the more you grow I guess... Time to try to get and exchange at one of the two stores in Colorado that show it in stock.

Chris Rosko

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The problem isnt the front facing camera (Well it is a problem but only for some who plan on using it). It's the proximity sensor right next to it that will mess up your ability to use the phone during day to day use.

My black 920 had the issue, the spots above the sensor and camera were not air tight, you could see dust on the bezel and then two spots where there was no dust. Those two spots were perfectly aligned with the camera and proximity sensor and both had dust in them.

If you have dust in your ff camera try making a phone call (especially in low light I had the problem) and see if your prox sensor goes wonky.

I think it's a defect and a number of different colors have been reported to have it. Get the phone exchanged now while you can, it is only going to get worse.

Lumia Fan

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Just did something similar but around the edge of the FFC. Removed the dust and the proximity sensor is working again (no more black screen while making calls).

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't know is the front camera is suppose to be like that or not but when i turn it on i look at myself and surroundings and it looks grainy and like when a tv has static. I mean i can see everything but it looks grainy then when i take the picture it comes ok but with a little not much noticeable grainy. This is with the front camera not the rear one. Does anyone have the same issue or it just me? I dont see any dust on the screen or either the camera. Thanks for helping

ferganer

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I have quite a few specks of dust under my FFC. Some of them are pretty large (as in large dust specks :)). And it's only after 4 days of use.

I was on the fence between keeping the Lumia 920 and getting the Optimus G. I guess this and inconsistent battery life make my decision easier.

Jaymil

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Well this is the last straw for me. I returned my first 920 (red) because it kept turning off on it's own and wouldn't turn back on unless I held down all the buttons. Replaced it at the ATT store with a black one (paid restocking fee) since they were out of red. Returned that one after 5 days because I had a bunch of dust in the FFC. Was replaced with another black one from the ATT corporate store down the road. 2 Days later and this one has more dust inside the glass than the last one. Tomorrow is the last day of my return window.. going to return this and be done with it and just wait on the nexus 4 I guess. Really dissapointed, I love the phone and I'm content with wp8... I just can't imagine the ffc being usable in a couple months at the rate that dust is getting in there. This is just from being in my pocket btw.. it's not like I'm working in an attic full of insulation or anything.

Jaymil

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I have quite a few specks of dust under my FFC. Some of them are pretty large (as in large dust specks :)). And it's only after 4 days of use.

I was on the fence between keeping the Lumia 920 and getting the Optimus G. I guess this and inconsistent battery life make my decision easier.

Yeah I'm def returning my 920 tomorrow again and for good... on the fence between waiting on the nexus 4 or just picking up an optimus g for 99 bucks from amazon (add a line).

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I never really thought to check but just looked and sure enough mine has dust under the lens. I don't want to bother returning it though if that's the only issue. I'm past my return now. I will submit a feedback report to Nokia but not sure if I want to try and swap it yet. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Edit: Tried a little bit of canned air and it blew the dust out.

n7slc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine has a huge dust particle blocking the camera. I don't use it, so it isn't a big deal but it bugs me to look and see it there. I may just take mine apart and seal around the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05