Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By clmbngbkng
  • 1 Post By cp2_4eva
  • 1 Post By Landsharkk
  1. Dreamagain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
       #1  
    For $50 this phone is impossible to pass up. Great phone, i think it's the most well designed phone I've ever owned.

    Also I keep getting this message someone is trying to share a website tagr.com with me.. anyone know how to make this stop?>
  2. clmbngbkng's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamagain View Post
    For $50 this phone is impossible to pass up. Great phone, i think it's the most well designed phone I've ever owned.
    Well actually, you probably haven't even tried Windows Mobile as the 920 runs Windows Phone.


    I know you might see it as nitpicking but as a group we need to get people on board sometime.

    I'll see myself out...
  3. cp2_4eva's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    755 Posts
    #3  
    Pssst....its not windows mobile. Its simply windows phone. Win mo is not what these forums are about.

    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    a5cent likes this.
  4. Landsharkk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    280 Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamagain View Post
    For $50 this phone is impossible to pass up. Great phone, i think it's the most well designed phone I've ever owned.

    Also I keep getting this message someone is trying to share a website tagr.com with me.. anyone know how to make this stop?>
    I'm glad that you jumped in, the phone and OS are both excellent.

    Not too sure about the tagr.com thing, maybe someone else can chime in about that one.

    As for Windows Mobile vs Windows Phone, Windows Mobile (also known as WinMo) was for the Windows Mobile 6.x platform, which was only found on phones prior to the WP7 (Windows Phone 7) devices. WM6.x died as an OS at the end of 2010 when WP7 was released. At the end of 2010 Microsoft released Windows Phone 7, just a slightly different naming scheme than the previous OS and now we've progressed to WP8.

    So that's why people are saying it's not Windows Mobile, it's Windows Phone. :)
    clmbngbkng likes this.
  5. Dreamagain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
       #5  
    Ah. I like how smooth the OS runs, I like a lot about it.. I just loved Android for so long because of the customization. This seems more in vein with iOS right now as far as customization goes. But i'll try to dig deeper.
  6. tissotti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,107 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamagain View Post
    Ah. I like how smooth the OS runs, I like a lot about it.. I just loved Android for so long because of the customization. This seems more in vein with iOS right now as far as customization goes. But i'll try to dig deeper.
    You are absolutely right, WP is more like iOS.

    Personally gone the full circle. I used Symbian for much over 5 years, moved to Maemo, MeeGo that were true smartphones OS's, then iOS, then Android and now i just want no nonsense phone that's as fluid as possible and integrated with my Windows PC and future Windows tablet.
  7. BotanicalStig's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #7  
    Are you laying your phone on the box or anything it came with? There's an NFC tag in the box that displays the tagr prompt that youve mentioned...
  8. Landsharkk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    280 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    You are absolutely right, WP is more like iOS.

    Personally gone the full circle. I used Symbian for much over 5 years, moved to Maemo, MeeGo that were true smartphones OS's, then iOS, then Android and now i just want no nonsense phone that's as fluid as possible and integrated with my Windows PC and future Windows tablet.
    I followed a similar path, really enjoyed the customization of the previous smartphones/OS. But, at the end of the day I just want a phone that works, is fast, and integrates into my life well. In my opinion, WP8 is the best for that.
  9. Dreamagain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
       #9  
    This tagr.com thing keeps popping up. If I hit allow it takes me to a nokia website talking about NFC. It just keeps wanting to take me there. Any ideas?
  10. Dreamagain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BotanicalStig View Post
    Are you laying your phone on the box or anything it came with? There's an NFC tag in the box that displays the tagr prompt that youve mentioned...
    hahah is that it? it is on the box

Posting Permissions