Messaging, No one is Online??

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed today that no one is showing up under Messaging > Online on both my Lumia 900 and my wife's 920. Both my wife and I are online and we should at least see each other, but normally I have people under "online" so it's strange.

Anyone else having the same problem?

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I went into settings in the "online" page and turned off facebook chat and then flipped it back on and all the people online show up but less than 5 seconds all of them disappear again.

z06tim

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, mine seems to be doing this now too. Just checked and even though I am set to facebook chat "on" and my status is available, I see "No one is online"

Iamdunne

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I just tried and mine did the same thing until I switched back and forth and I hit away and then it said the phone was connecting at the top and showed me who was available. When I made myself available I lost all the people. It took a couple more times of trying available, away, invisible etc and it only showed me who was available again by going to the away setting and then it seemed to refresh by connecting?

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
tried all status settings, available, away, busy, etc and when i flip the Facebook chat option, it comes back but that only lasts a few seconds. Plus, that only works for Facebook. My messenger or outlook contacts dont show up. Also, on my wife's 920 I show up as available, she sends me a message and nothing happens on my phone or my surface tablet. Message never arrives. Something is going on and I hope Microsoft , Nokoa and/or Facebook are aware.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I do that but it only lasts seconds before all contacts disappear. Hoping its a server issue.

mattpker

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This has seemed like a bug all day. It resumed working again a few hours ago for both me and my Wife. Probably connection issues between Microsoft's servers and Facebook.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It's one of my favorite features and it's worked great since April, when I bought the 900. Noticed today on my wife's 920 that I wasn't showing up and then looked at my 900 and dame thing. Just tried a few minutes ago and same thing. I never use power saving mode and I have plenty of battery. anyhow, hope it gets corrected because I enjoy sending messages over Facebook or Messenger than I do over texts.

teski

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Facebook IM has been jacked up for me all day and that's on my laptop. Probably a Facebook issue rather than your phone.

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Did any of you install the Skype preview for wp8?
It's a bug that affects Facebook chat, where all the contacts will be offline.

It was reported by wp central news on Skype preview hands on.

Try uninstalling Skype preview and try again.

Iamdunne

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Did any of you install the Skype preview for wp8?
It's a bug that affects Facebook chat, where all the contacts will be offline.

It was reported by wp central news on Skype preview hands on.

Try uninstalling Skype preview and try again.

No Skype preview for me.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You guys still having this issue? I cannot seem to recreate it on either a Windows Phone 7.x handset or 8. So all contacts disappear after a few seconds, or is it just Facebook that's affected?

We don't believe this is an issue with Skype.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb