Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

When I hit back button, IE reloads the previous page. Is that the case for everyone?

I think that's normal, it doesn't quit the app. It goes back to the previous web page.

I know it doesn't quit IE and goes back to the previous web page. But it reloads the page, I mean, there's data consumption again
    Quote Originally Posted by Iviansour View Post
    I think that's normal, it doesn't quit the app. It goes back to the previous web page.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I just close the tabs. I've been doing that with my Android devices up to my Lumia 900 before I got the 920.

Quote Originally Posted by hfcas View Post
    I know it doesn't quit IE and goes back to the previous web page. But it reloads the page, I mean, there's data consumption again
    As far as I can tell IE does not save any web page information. All actions require reloading the page which is a waste of data. It sucks.

yeah. that's what i mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladstoner View Post
    As far as I can tell IE does not save any web page information. All actions require reloading the page which is a waste of data. It sucks.

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    I've noticed that as well, I wonder by the pages you've visited recently aren't cached?

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Well I guess you better hold steady for datasense.

well, it seems like we may be wrong about this. I opened IE today and then turned off data and wifi and hit the back button to see what will happen. It turned out IE still reloaded the previous page.