XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

Leader of the pack

HP's Spectre x360 15 just might be the best all-around laptop

New or refurbed?

Is a refurbed Surface right for you?

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By independentvolume
  • 2 Post By VagrantWade
  • 1 Post By independentvolume
  • 2 Post By Iamdunne
  1. independentvolume's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    744 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,264 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Hey you guys, what do you enjoy most about your 920? After playing with a real unit I was thoroughly impressed and couldn't get over that beautiful screen.
  2. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    The entire thing is just amazing looking. I always liked the way it looked, and I had never seen a 900 in person. It's just a beautifully designed phone. It's actually thinner than I was expecting.
  3. independentvolume's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    744 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,264 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    The entire thing is just amazing looking. I always liked the way it looked, and I had never seen a 900 in person. It's just a beautifully designed phone. It's actually thinner than I was expecting.
    Ya, last week I handled a dummy unit and wasn't impressed. Let's just say the dummy unit doesn't do the real device justice.
    VagrantWade likes this.
  4. Iamdunne's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    New to windows I love the people hub and dedicated camera button which I know is a windows thing not a lumia thing but still love it! Think this phone is just beautifully designed and the $99 with upgrade including a $49 wireless charging plate made my upgrade choice pretty easy. Coming from a HTC OneX I love the 32g of storage too.
  5. cp2_4eva's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    755 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamdunne View Post
    New to windows I love the people hub and dedicated camera button which I know is a windows thing not a lumia thing but still love it! Think this phone is just beautifully designed and the $99 with upgrade including a $49 wireless charging plate made my upgrade choice pretty easy. Coming from a HTC OneX I love the 32g of storage too.
    I too came from the One X. That was the best built device with the wrong OS. The 920 is a bit chunky, but not too bad. Not the best design in my opinion, but still a great design overall. Sleek. I only wished HTC would get out of their bubble and actually add things that people care about, like storage. That 16 GB crap is killing them. I had the 8x and took it back. Great phone, but the price the price should have been cheaper than the 920 because overall the 920 packs more. HTC is cheating people. Probably the last HTC I will ever buy....because they won't give us more storage or expandable storage.

    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
  6. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    One thing i noticed right away is that it fits in my hand a lot more comfortably than my 900 did. Kind of surprised me since I knew it would be slightly bigger. They did an amazing job of re-contouring the shape though and it fits like a glove now. The curved glass is lovely, you just want to glide your fingers provocatively all over this thing. :lol:

    That's fairly superficial but so far it's one of the things I like best. I also LOVE the higher resolution. It really makes pictures pop and websites much easier to read.

    The speed and new features are great as well, I keep finding new little things that delight and surprise me.
  7. dacarter77's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    135 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    It's amazing. I've only used it indoors, but have been amazed. With the flash on, it works WAY better than my iPhone 4 flash did, with the flash off, it still takes good pics, even in very dark settings, but any movement will blur, so using the flash is probably best. It has a much wider angle lens than most smart phones, with I also like. The video is equally impressive and the optical image stabilization really works well. You can also have the flash on continuous when videoing. It's really going to be harder to haul around my DSLR now.

    The OS is very intuitive and it only took a few minutes to get used to.

    I've found a few minor issues, but they will probably be addressed in future releases.

    I think this the 920 and MP8 will be successful and within a year, there will be a much larger app store.
  8. giantenemybird's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    The thing I like most is the new bulging bicep that it gave me.
  9. Iamdunne's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cp2_4eva View Post
    I too came from the One X. That was the best built device with the wrong OS. The 920 is a bit chunky, but not too bad. Not the best design in my opinion, but still a great design overall. Sleek. I only wished HTC would get out of their bubble and actually add things that people care about, like storage. That 16 GB crap is killing them. I had the 8x and took it back. Great phone, but the price the price should have been cheaper than the 920 because overall the 920 packs more. HTC is cheating people. Probably the last HTC I will ever buy....because they won't give us more storage or expandable storage.

    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    I really like the looks of the HTC 8x but the price and storage and turn by turn navigation sold me on this one.

Posting Permissions