Display feels awesome but is it bright enough?

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Morning,

Does anyone else think the display could have been slightly brighter than it is? I find it slightly dull.

The L920 is exceptionally fast and the feel of the display is amazing but i keep getting distracted by the displays lower brightness compared tto amoeled screens or even my old L900

Nabiscuit

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
you think so? L900 is brighter than the L920. Had both phones side by side!

I've seen it, too. A 900 user and I were checking out the 920 in AT&T and he put his 900 up next to it side-by-side. The 900 was a little brighter. But the viewing angles on the 920 are non-existent where-as you could make out the 900 at any angle. Personally, I don't want people beside me being able to see my sh*t, but to each their own.

I really want my yellow 920 to get here. A 920 with defects is better than no 920. Cause then you get to play with the sweetness while you wait for AT&T/Nokia to send you a replacement. Be grateful.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
High brightness, high contrast on. I was playing golf today with the Hawaiian sun beating down from up above and I could not believe I had 0 problems reading the display.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
MisterRafter is a known lumia920 hater. Please do not feed to his trolls. I guess he's a pro 8X, or maybe anti-windows phone. Btw, how on Earth is the screen not bright enough if it is set on HIGH. Perhaps he was using sunglasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
MisterRafter is a known lumia920 hater. Please do not feed to his trolls. I guess he's a pro 8X, or maybe anti-windows phone. Btw, how on Earth is the screen not bright enough if it is set on HIGH. Perhaps he was using sunglasses.

you dip****, your posting from an iphone and you're calling me a lumia920 hater.

Do you even have a Lumia 920 you moron?

Why is it whenever someone is critical of a feature they're classed as a troll or hater? bloody grow up. Fair criticism will lead to improvements.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, the reason why I'm STILL using my iPhone is because I can't get my hands on a 920 YET. Oh, since you've just said that you're being called a troll and hater in many occurrences, this proves my point. We all know that the screen is awesome AND bright enough so much that we don't actually need the HIGH settings. FYI, screen brightness takes up around 80% of your battery life. If you would to set them to some intensity only usable only to you, I believe the battery wouldn't last you for more than half a day. :)

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It should be a lot brighter than the 900. The 920's screen should reach 600+ nits, while I believe the 900 only went up to 200 or so.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It's very bright, far more than bright enough but I do miss the more vibrant colors and dark inky blacks of the AMOLED screen on the 900. C'est la vie.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
isn't the screen technology different between the 900 and 920? 900 uses AMOLED and 920 IPS correct? And AMOLED is known for being brighter right?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
isn't the screen technology different between the 900 and 920? 900 uses AMOLED and 920 IPS correct? And AMOLED is known for being brighter right?

Yes the 900 had a super AMOLED screen and the 920 has IPS, like the iPhone.

I'm not sure that AMOLED is known for being brighter, but it is known for having more saturated, vibrant colors and darker blacks.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
But the truth is: the the screen is VERY bright if you set it to high. It's even brighter than iphone5. Saw a comparison review in a blog post.

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes the 900 had a super AMOLED screen and the 920 has IPS, like the iPhone.

I'm not sure that AMOLED is known for being brighter, but it is known for having more saturated, vibrant colors and darker blacks.

Amoled definitely brighter. L900 is brighter than the L920 due to the type of display. I'm not saying L900 display is better!

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Its plenty bright. The only problem with Brightness is the settings. You cant shortcut it to your home screen, and Low is NOT the lowest it can go. They really need to fix this and why cant they allow us to use a direct shortcut to the home screen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb