Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    The call quality on my 920 isn't very good. There is no static, but it's not clear. I sometimes don't understand what the person i'm talking to is saying.

It's so hard to explain how it sounds. Like a vibration. Like a "zzzz".

Like "Howz Arz Youz"

Please let me know if anyone else has this issue.
    Last edited by jkrc717; 11-12-2012 at 05:56 AM.
    freddywayne likes this.

Call quality seems to be improved on both ends over my previous LG flip phone. The people I've talked to have specifically mentioned that they can hear me a lot better with the new phone.

I actually love the call quality of mine, again unless the tests are done over the same network, the call quality is going to vary from location to location because a lot of it depends on call connection and like hundreds of other factors.
    Coming from the original Titan I think the call quality is very good.

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    I "temporarily" switched from N8 to Omnia 7 I got for free just to get used to WP before I get a 920 and wow, never in my life have people complained about not hearing and understanding me over the phone. I've always used Nokias, but empiric results show that 10 year old Nokias do better in call quality than Samsung Omnia 7 :D

i'm in boston w/ lots of lte from att. my calls sound like a landline. i've even had to spell a few things on the phone, and i didn't have to do the, "no, not d, t like table" thing.

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    In South FL on LTE, the call clarity rivals my land line so far.

I have to say the 920 has the best clarity out of any cell phone I've used in the past, I don't have to ask people to repeat what they said like I did on my Epic.

Global Posts
    8,085 Global Posts
    In my bedroom, I get poor voice signal (but great LTE signal - I know everyone here is mentioning that they have LTE, but that is 100% irrelevant for voice calls, as they use the older network).

When making calls there, with my Lumia 900, I would lose words, because the sound would frequently cut out.

With my 920, I haven't had that issue at all so far.

I've had fantastic call quality on my 920 so far. I've only made 2 or 3 calls so far, but I've been able to hear the other person wonderfully and they have been able to hear me great too. Definitely way better then my old phone.

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    The call quality has been good for me.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    No call quality issues here.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I've been more than pleased with the call quality on ATT + Lumia 920

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    Excellent call quality for me too... As others have mentioned it is actually at "landline quality" for me. If your phone consistently has a buzzing sound during calls then maybe you have a bad speaker.

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I went into the ATT store and tested it on other 920 devices. They all sound pretty much the same.

It could be the higher the volume the worse it gets.

I just switched to ATT so it could be ATT. I remember I also hated Sprints call quality.

I guess I'm good which is a relief becuz my phone works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    I "temporarily" switched from N8 to Omnia 7
    If there is anything Symbian excels at.. its power management, multitasking, GSM connectivity, and call/voice quality.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Coming from Galaxy Note. Call quality is IMPROVED, just like I remember in the old days with Nokia =). Haven't used a Nokia phone since 2001 (3210) and it is wonderful to be back.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Call quality is absolutely epic on my Lumia 920.

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Coming from a Focus, and the original Titan I think the quality is much much better.

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts
    I have had Apple, Samsung, LG, HTC, and Motorola, but Nokia has the best call quality and signal reception.

I am having the SAME problem. I went to 2 ATT stores and they both told me that it was the speaker that was blow. I have the Cyan (honestly, I was excited to get it but im glad this happened b/c im not really a fan) and they were going to charge a $35 restocking fee to give me black. Called ATT premiere and they are giving me a $50 credit to trade it out for a black.

UPDATE- Went in and got the Black one and everything works great. If your having this problem you should go to ATT and see what they can do.
    Last edited by blinknfg41; 11-14-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    If you're having issues with call quality, exchange the phone. This was an issue with some early 900s as well. My father had to exchange his twice before he got one with no buzz or echo... luck of the draw sometimes. Mine sounds absolutely clear as a bell, like a Nokia should.

Day 2 with my 920, and 5 people I have talked to complained about not being able to hear me clearly, but when I call from sister's iPhone 5 there is no problem. I am going to have at&t give me another 920 today.
    Everything sounds good from my phone
    Sent from my lumia 920 using Board Express
    If there is a buzzing, I would say there is something wrong with your phone. Call quality is definitely not something I can complain about with this handset. While I wouldn't say my standards are sky high, there is definitely no distortion experienced on either my end or the other.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast