UK Stock will be arriving at Clove tomorrow.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
Just received the following email, may interest some of you :cool:

Dear shaun,

Hi,

We are pleased to let you know that we will be receiving stock of the SIM-free Nokia Lumia 920 White tomorrow.

Stock will be limited, so please place an order ASAP if you would like to receive one at the earliest possible opportunity. We will begin shipping out orders tomorrow once stock has arrived.

Please visit the following link to place an order for the Lumia 920.

Buy Nokia Lumia 920 | Nokia Lumia Smartphones | Nokia Lumia 920 Accessories

Kind Regards

The Clove Technology Sales Team.

GeneNZ

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Was really excited to receive the email from them, but then after checking out it on their site they're charging ?520 incl VAT. That's an insane amount of money when others are charging ?470 incl VAT (admittedly locked). At least with the latter you get a wireless charging plate and a colour of your choice. Any subsequent unlocking service would probably charge in the realm of ?30-50 when they get round to unlocking the device (which inevitably they will)

Think I'm going to hold out and stick with my Lumia 800. It frustrates me when I want to give someone my money for an item they are selling and they don't want to take my hard earned cache.

I'm heading to Singapore in December. I'll probably buy it out there. The regulators in Singapore require that phones are all sold unlocked, since it's anti-consumer to sell a locked phone. I wholeheartedly agree. If I buy a phone, I want to do what I want with that phone - I don't want to be controlled by the operator.

Ugh. Frustrating.

GeneNZ

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I thought everyone gets the charging plate, I think you just have to register on Nokia's site when they are ready for it.

Nokia Free Charger

My understanding is that this is limited to P4U and EE purchased phones only. Apparently each of the P4U and EE boxes come with a sticker on them with a code. That code would be entered into the above site to get the wireless charging plate.

I've been keeping up with the overclockers.co.uk forum thread for the Lumia 920 (Google it). It's been a most useful source of information, and it's been mentioned several times over.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
On the other thread it looked like this stock was fully unlocked but doesn't seem to be confirmed anywhere on Clove's site?

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Clove's pricing is based on the high-end hardware being both unlocked and available outside the EE bubble. Pricing for the top tier devices are generally expensive here in the UK (I forked out ?550 for my Omnia 7 back in 2010) so this isn't unexpected. While expensive, you're not being tied to any contracts or carrier.

Urban Splash

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Makes the Nexus 4 look like a complete bargain. The lumia does not seem ?240 better.

Besides, they will be much cheaper when EE loose exclusivity or bring out a 'better' variant on another network.

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I really want to buy it, but not at that price.

Just been talking to a reseller and it seems EE deal is not an exclusive as such. EE just bought all the stock Nokia were offering, so when they have made more, we will see more in the country. The reseller thought they were be much more prevalent next month.

Im going to hold out till next month.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I had budgeted in the region of ?480 so it's a little bit more than I'd like to have paid but I trust Clove more so than overseas sellers. I need to recycle my old WP7.5 phones too so that'll take the sting out of it, or at least that's what I keep telling myself!

"worst case someone will pay ?700 for it on eBay...right? right?!"

darquan

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ordered from clove, phoned to confirm they will fulfil my order with their stock tomorrow. Should be delivered Wednesday. Cancelled cyberport order by email.

Finally this nightmare is over.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Ordered from clove, phoned to confirm they will fulfil my order with their stock tomorrow. Should be delivered Wednesday. Cancelled cyberport order by email.

Finally this nightmare is over.

Nice, hopefully that means mine will be fulfilled tomorrow too. Went for UPS shipping - hurry up Wednesday!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2