- 11-12-2012, 07:45 AM #1
I haven't found a tips and tricks thread, so I was hoping to get one started. This will be beneficial to users like me who are new to both Nokia and Windows Phone.
1. Screenshot. Press and hold the power button and the windows button. Images are saved in an album called Screenshot.
2. Press and hold email message when viewing the inbox and a screen pops up with options to delete or move or mark as read. Allows you one less click from having to press select, chose email and then either delete or move or press the option key again to make choice.
3. Press the back arrow key for 2 seconds to bring up windows of opening apps.
4. No need for Shazam or Soundhound. while listening to music, press the search button and then press the music icon on the bottom. This will listen for music and identify it for you.(worked 5 out of 5 random songs I tested with).
5. change the address bar button from stop/refresh to tabs. I found this to be much more useful.
Any others worthy of adding?
- 11-12-2012, 08:06 AM #2
These are the only tricks I can think of right now that could be useful to someone...
1. If you're playing music and the screen is off and you want to get back to the app you're playing it in quickly, when the music controls come down from the top on the lock screen, click the song name along the bottom of the controls and the app will resume from the track name etc where you left off.
2. If you want to select multiple texts and or photo's look for an icon that looks like a row of check boxes. In texts this will put check boxes next to all your threads so you can delete them. Note: I don't think there's a way to delete individual texts within a thread only the thread itself. With photo's once you've pressed this icon the pictures should have a red border, touch the ones you want to select and ticks appear on the image tile. From ther you can select whether to delete these pictures or whatever.
back closes, win key suspends
3. If you press and hold the windows key you can speak some commands like "Open <app>" or "Find <something>". The first time you do this a list of commands comes up that you can use. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to use voice commands within programs like Maps and Drive.
- 11-12-2012, 01:38 PM #4
“You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you.”― Wayne W. Dyer
- 11-12-2012, 01:39 PM #5
Not sure if this is still in WP8 in the same form, but it was something I never realized!
If you have a bunch of text and you want to fix like.. one letter inside a word, it's really hard to tap the cursor in to the right place! So tap and hold, a cursor will appear that you can move to the wanted spot in an easy manner!
- 11-12-2012, 02:02 PM #7
- 12-07-2012, 02:09 PM #10
Toast Notification pops up and you want to clear it without going to the app that created the notification? Just swipe the notification to the right and it will disappear.
(finding this out was new to me, so it might be new to someone else as well not familiar with WP8)
12-07-2012, 03:38 PM #11
- 74 Posts
I love this groups feature, and maybe everyone knows about this. People's Hub had all my contacts, and I receive fb, and twitter updates from all my contacts, but I found out that I could create a group of only my best friends, and could pin it on my home screen. Nice way to quickly see what your friends are upto!!
P.S : For those who are new to WP8 like me, open People's Hub, and swipe to the left till you see a groups tab. open it and add your friends
01-02-2013, 02:37 AM #15
- 8 Posts
battery saving tips,,, when u hold to the left arrow key (leftside of windows logo),, u will see those apps that r running n the background,,, u can close these by simply choosing it and pressing the left arrow key until u reach the startscreen,,,