Black 920 has extra bevel around screen?

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I first got a white 920 but it had the vibration issue. So I went back and swapped for a black one. This one has vibration issue as well. But I noticed that the screen on the black has an extra bevel around the edges. So the screen is not edge to edge with the polycarbonate unibody.

Anyone else notice this on their black 920?

kebnt

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this as well. I didn't take a close enough look at the other colors to see if there was this extra bevel on those, only noticed it after I took it out of my pocket later in the day and saw some debris caught in the bevel

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So thats why coming from an N9 , the black looks a bit strange to me. Because i am so accustomed to the curve screen gradully going into the body of the phone

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
lol, I'm laughing at all these paranoid threads. People really need to calm down and simply enjoy the phone, as a phone. This isn't a $30,000 car that has rattles, dings, etc. This is a phone... calm it down people!

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I first got a white 920 but it had the vibration issue. So I went back and swapped for a black one. This one has vibration issue as well. But I noticed that the screen on the black has an extra bevel around the edges. So the screen is not edge to edge with the polycarbonate unibody.

Anyone else notice this on their black 920?

By "extra" are you saying that yours has two bevels?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
lol, I'm laughing at all these paranoid threads. People really need to calm down and simply enjoy the phone, as a phone. This isn't a $30,000 car that has rattles, dings, etc. This is a phone... calm it down people!

arvQt.gif

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Almost the entire front is black for all colors. So yes, the little bezel hugging the curved glass is there on all of them.

Ok. I couldn't remember seeing it on the white one I had. But that could have been just the contrast between screen and white body.

I'm not being paranoid or anything, just curious because my 800 didn't have that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills