Light Leakage

Silly Putty

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

Has anyone else experienced issues with light leakage on the bottom corners of their phone? It's bugging the heck out of me so I'll probably have it exchanged. Just curious if others have had a similar issue.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I've got light leakage where the capacitive buttons are...slightly on each side (very slight) where the glass comes to the plastic housing and also if I put the phone upside down at a sharp angle, I can see the light coming from the capacitive buttons to the screen...
Not sure if I'll do anything about it...I'd exhange it if I could get a different colour but other than this it's pretty perfect so I will probably keep it

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am getting my 2nd one exchanged for the same issue plus vibration. Unfortunately, they (AT&T) do not have it in stock so making me wait for the yellow (it's been 2 weeks already). Offered me another color but I said no.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Is it worth exchanging for?
Anyone have any pics of their light leakage...again mine is really slight and it only kind of bothers me...if I could get a Cyan I'd probably exhange it but since it's unlocked I have to deal with Nokia direct and it seems they have a very limited supply of phones

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
i have a small light leak onto the screen above the windows button, i didn't notice it until i went to the "app highlights" app and the screen looked washed out, that is the only app that does that on my phone so far. anyway after looking for the cause i found a unrelated light leak that you can only see if you look at it from the top end of the phone. i'm probably gonna just go with it after all i would loose the phone for two weeks and have to use my old i phone which now is just being used like the junk drawer in the kitchen.IMG_0955.JPGIMG_0956.jpgIMG_0957.jpg sorry for the image quality they were taken with the "kitchen junk drawer". is it worth getting fixed?

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it worth exchanging for?
Anyone have any pics of their light leakage...again mine is really slight and it only kind of bothers me...if I could get a Cyan I'd probably exhange it but since it's unlocked I have to deal with Nokia direct and it seems they have a very limited supply of phones
Depends on what other issues are there. My first one had rattle+leak+ffc dust. But had good battery. I took a shot and they replaced instead if fixing it as others reported.
2ND phones has all the same issues if not more leak and ****ty battery. At least this time, I don't have to wait 2wks without the phone. But I still had to wait 2wks for the replacement to arrive. Hoping its worth it though.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
i have a small light leak onto the screen above the windows button, i didn't notice it until i went to the "app highlights" app and the screen looked washed out, that is the only app that does that on my phone so far. anyway after looking for the cause i found a unrelated light leak that you can only see if you look at it from the top end of the phone. i'm probably gonna just go with it after all i would loose the phone for two weeks and have to use my old i phone which now is just being used like the junk drawer in the kitchen. sorry for the image quality they were taken with the "kitchen junk drawer". is it worth getting fixed?

Your pics are *EXACTLY* like mine....doesn't bother me terribly...might wait a bit to see if any other issues arise...the phone seems to be fine otherwise and I'd hate to have it sent back and get a worse one back...

Anyone know if Nokia will do an advanced replacement (take credit card info and send you a box to send defective one back)?

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
i might wait 6-8 months to send it in for repair of the light leak when it is closer to the end of the one year warranty with nokia to have it fixed, they should have a better handle on their warranty repairs by that time. and if they don't then they are not the company i thought they were.

gerbilly

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
i had it with mine at the top, about an inch long.
Sent back to Nokia Care who sorted it, they even sorted the two scratches I had on the screen.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have some leakage at the side of the phone, it really bothers me. But i'm not sure with returning it because I really like the phone and I don't want to wait for a new one. But, I'm a bit scared that dust will be entering trough the ''leak' spot or water.

https://twitter.com/Denzis/status/299609807705473025/photo/1

Mine is in the same spot...also if you look down at an angle from the top of the screen down to the windows capactive logo I also see light leakage...

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, if it just one or two spots, and can't see it unless it's pitch dark, don't worry about exchanging. I agree with akroy's comment. Wait for 6-8 mos may be?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte