Get ready for beta!

Prepare for Halo Wars 2 Blitz Mode beta: Everything you need to know!

One Windows

Microsoft is building a new Windows 10 Shell for PC, Mobile and Xbox

On the Inside

Everything you need to know about the Xbox Insider Program

Beautiful compromises

Surface Studio review: you'll want one, even if you don't need one

3-in-1

Is this the Surface Phone? Microsoft awarded patents for foldable devices

Windows Central Offers

MCSE Certification bundle is just $39

Even more improvements

All the changes found in Windows 10 build 15007!

Games as a Service

What does the cancellation of Scalebound mean for future Xbox exclusives?

Windows Central Offers

Save $90 on these FRESHeBUDS Pro Magnetic Bluetooth Earbuds

Returning for 2017

We're back with an new episode of #AskDanWindows

Lifetime Subscription

VPNSecure is currently 91% off

Our favorite things

The Best of CES 2017 Awards

Infinity Edge in your hand

The XPS 13 2-in-1 is the Dell convertible we've always wanted

Project Valerie

Razer just made a laptop with three — THREE! — 17-inch 4K displays. 😱

Great design from Palo Alto

HP's CES 2017 releases are truly gorgeous PCs

Intel and Google's big day

CES 2017 Day Two: New laptops, new phones, and old ideas made new

Take five is better than ever

The updated Lenovo ThinkPad X1 packs Kaby Lake chips and zero bloatware

Everything we know about the next Xbox: Project Scorpio

UWPowered

'Game Mode' for Windows 10 will power Xbox One and Scorpio games too

Buyer's guide

Best accessories for Microsoft Surface Book

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By akroy
  1. Silly Putty's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hey all,

    Has anyone else experienced issues with light leakage on the bottom corners of their phone? It's bugging the heck out of me so I'll probably have it exchanged. Just curious if others have had a similar issue.
  2. lipper2000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    #2  
    I've got light leakage where the capacitive buttons are...slightly on each side (very slight) where the glass comes to the plastic housing and also if I put the phone upside down at a sharp angle, I can see the light coming from the capacitive buttons to the screen...
    Not sure if I'll do anything about it...I'd exhange it if I could get a different colour but other than this it's pretty perfect so I will probably keep it
  3. gbbg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    176 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #3  
    I am getting my 2nd one exchanged for the same issue plus vibration. Unfortunately, they (AT&T) do not have it in stock so making me wait for the yellow (it's been 2 weeks already). Offered me another color but I said no.
  4. lipper2000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    #4  
    Is it worth exchanging for?
    Anyone have any pics of their light leakage...again mine is really slight and it only kind of bothers me...if I could get a Cyan I'd probably exhange it but since it's unlocked I have to deal with Nokia direct and it seems they have a very limited supply of phones
  5. akroy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #5  
    i have a small light leak onto the screen above the windows button, i didn't notice it until i went to the "app highlights" app and the screen looked washed out, that is the only app that does that on my phone so far. anyway after looking for the cause i found a unrelated light leak that you can only see if you look at it from the top end of the phone. i'm probably gonna just go with it after all i would loose the phone for two weeks and have to use my old i phone which now is just being used like the junk drawer in the kitchen.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0955.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	906.0 KB 
ID:	28346Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0956.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	770.1 KB 
ID:	28347Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0957.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	941.5 KB 
ID:	28348 sorry for the image quality they were taken with the "kitchen junk drawer". is it worth getting fixed?
    mrshamoozoo and lipper2000 like this.
  6. gbbg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    176 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by lipper2000 View Post
    Is it worth exchanging for?
    Anyone have any pics of their light leakage...again mine is really slight and it only kind of bothers me...if I could get a Cyan I'd probably exhange it but since it's unlocked I have to deal with Nokia direct and it seems they have a very limited supply of phones
    Depends on what other issues are there. My first one had rattle+leak+ffc dust. But had good battery. I took a shot and they replaced instead if fixing it as others reported.
    2ND phones has all the same issues if not more leak and ****ty battery. At least this time, I don't have to wait 2wks without the phone. But I still had to wait 2wks for the replacement to arrive. Hoping its worth it though.
  7. lipper2000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by akroy View Post
    i have a small light leak onto the screen above the windows button, i didn't notice it until i went to the "app highlights" app and the screen looked washed out, that is the only app that does that on my phone so far. anyway after looking for the cause i found a unrelated light leak that you can only see if you look at it from the top end of the phone. i'm probably gonna just go with it after all i would loose the phone for two weeks and have to use my old i phone which now is just being used like the junk drawer in the kitchen. sorry for the image quality they were taken with the "kitchen junk drawer". is it worth getting fixed?


    Your pics are *EXACTLY* like mine....doesn't bother me terribly...might wait a bit to see if any other issues arise...the phone seems to be fine otherwise and I'd hate to have it sent back and get a worse one back...

    Anyone know if Nokia will do an advanced replacement (take credit card info and send you a box to send defective one back)?
  8. akroy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #8  
    i might wait 6-8 months to send it in for repair of the light leak when it is closer to the end of the one year warranty with nokia to have it fixed, they should have a better handle on their warranty repairs by that time. and if they don't then they are not the company i thought they were.
  9. gerbilly's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    64 Posts
    #9  
    i had it with mine at the top, about an inch long.
    Sent back to Nokia Care who sorted it, they even sorted the two scratches I had on the screen.
  10. mrshamoozoo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #10  
    mine has that same light prob in the pictues. same exact spot. doesnt botther me though
  11. Denzis's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #11  
    I have some leakage at the side of the phone, it really bothers me. But i'm not sure with returning it because I really like the phone and I don't want to wait for a new one. But, I'm a bit scared that dust will be entering trough the ''leak' spot or water.

    https://twitter.com/Denzis/status/29...473025/photo/1
  12. lipper2000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzis View Post
    I have some leakage at the side of the phone, it really bothers me. But i'm not sure with returning it because I really like the phone and I don't want to wait for a new one. But, I'm a bit scared that dust will be entering trough the ''leak' spot or water.

    https://twitter.com/Denzis/status/29...473025/photo/1
    Mine is in the same spot...also if you look down at an angle from the top of the screen down to the windows capactive logo I also see light leakage...
  13. Denzis's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by lipper2000 View Post
    Mine is in the same spot...also if you look down at an angle from the top of the screen down to the windows capactive logo I also see light leakage...
    Do you see reason to send it back?

    I'm still not sure of it.
  14. gbbg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    176 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #14  
    To be honest, if it just one or two spots, and can't see it unless it's pitch dark, don't worry about exchanging. I agree with akroy's comment. Wait for 6-8 mos may be?

Posting Permissions