Rogers (Canada) officially launches today (12th) but no phones in store

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Update on my quest to find a Lumia 920: I called all the Rogers dealerships in my area within a 100km radius (14 in all). No one has even received the Lumia 920. Most do not know when any will come in. The largest Rogers store do not even have any on backorder and indicated they do not expect any Lumia 920s in the foreseeable future.

What a great launch this has been. And I tough the Surface launch was convoluted.

Erwan12

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just an FYI: I had reserved a phone using Roger's Reservation system and last night I got a shipment notification and number. However if I track the number it seems as all they did so far was create a label, a step in the right direction but still no idea when I will get the phone.

I did call a store yesterday in Ottawa and they received some but by the time I called them they were all gone.

I must say, probably one of the worst phone launches I've seen.

Erwan12

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just an update: got my phone today :D Amazing!

If you had a 900 before you will be blown away by the 920, the quality seems much better and the speed is amazing. LTE speeds and reception are also much much better.

For the few hours I've had it, A+...will see how it fairs in the long run

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Just an update: got my phone today :D Amazing!

If you had a 900 before you will be blown away by the 920, the quality seems much better and the speed is amazing. LTE speeds and reception are also much much better.

For the few hours I've had it, A+...will see how it fairs in the long run

does it have Rogers branding on the bezel, or just Nokia?

and after you did the online reservation for $40, what did they charge you before it was shipped?

Erwan12

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
does it have Rogers branding on the bezel, or just Nokia?

and after you did the online reservation for $40, what did they charge you before it was shipped?

No rogers branding and I didn't see any $40 on my bill - need to look further into it. However, they say they refund the $40 after you get the device.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I picked one up at the Rogers store at Dundas square in Toronto. They didn't say how many they had, but it seemed like more than a few. So far no issues with the hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb