Right, this update that will come out......

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'll take a minor camera issue that can be fixed via firmware rather than lagtastic android, or crap maps ios. Everyone is ranting over crap, saying it's going to be the death of windows phone when in reality the grass is far from greener on the android/ios side.

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I'll take a minor camera issue that can be fixed via firmware rather than lagtastic android, or crap maps ios. Everyone is ranting over crap, saying it's going to be the death of windows phone when in reality the grass is far from greener on the android/ios side.

People that claim its "going to be the death of wp" are idiots and chat out of their asses. If Microsoft/ Nokia could for once get the small things right like launching the phone earlier or atleast on time making sure features of the phone work to the standard they advertise then people wouldn't have 5hit to say!

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Look the reason why im creating such a fuss is because i was so looking forward to showing off the L920 esp the camera but its been a bit of let down.

So i go out and buy the L920 to be faced with the same old exaggerated BS by Nokia about how good camera is and 'THIS IS IT' BS. I HAVE A RIGHT BE ANNOYED.

The funny thing is the dude posting that im a troll etc doesn't even have this phone. Who's opinion would consumers that are still waiting for this phone value more mine or his?

Here's the thing: what good is coming here complaining going to do? You are in the minority when it comes to these issues. The biggest factor when taking photos is lighting. And dude, it's a phone remember? It's a fixed focal length lens with a large aperture, you can only do so much. Pick up a DSLR if you want professional quality photos.

If you don't like the phone, return it and get something else. You have multiple phones and multiple platforms to chose from. Why suffer with a phone that doesn't live up to your exceptions? I don't get it...

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
People that claim its "going to be the death of wp" are idiots and chat out of their asses. If Microsoft/ Nokia could for once get the small things right like launching the phone earlier or atleast on time making sure features of the phone work to the standard they advertise then people wouldn't have 5hit to say!

Again, what features don't work?

And you'd rather have a phone launch early, even though it might be buggy and clearly not ready for the consumer? Why? So you can come here and complain even more? Why do you think BlackBerry hasn't released their BB 10 phones yet. They want to get it right. Maybe you are too accustomed to Android where manufactures release phone when they are clearly not ready.

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Here's the thing: what good is coming here complaining going to do? You are in the minority when it comes to these issues. The biggest factor when taking photos is lighting. And dude, it's a phone remember? It's a fixed focal length lens with a large aperture, you can only do so much. Pick up a DSLR if you want professional quality photos.

If you don't like the phone, return it and get something else. You have multiple phones and multiple platforms to chose from. Why suffer with a phone that doesn't live up to your exceptions? I don't get it...

There are readers on this forum that appreciate my honest criticism of this phone. It will help them decide whether to buy this phone or not

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
There are readers on this forum that appreciate my honest criticism of this phone. It will help them decide whether to buy this phone or not

No, you're mistaken. Because it's not factual. I, along with a ton of other owners, are not having the issues you speak of. No one is going to read a post like your and decide if they should purchase the phone or not.

First, you mention the daylight issue and the sharpness/blur issues as two different things. They are the same. So you initial post is misleading.

Second, I've seen some awesome pictures taken with the 920. Remember, it's the the photographer not the camera. Someone can use a $3000 DSLR and have a soft photo.

I understand that you are not able to take pictures that are acceptable to you. If it's a deal breaker, then return the phone.

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
No, you're mistaken. Because it's not factual. I, along with a ton of other owners, are not having the issues you speak of. No one is going to read a post like your and decide if they should purchase the phone or not.

First, you mention the daylight issue and the sharpness/blur issues as two different things. They are the same. So you initial post is misleading.

Second, I've seen some awesome pictures taken with the 920. Remember, it's the the photographer not the camera. Someone can use a $3000 DSLR and have a soft photo.

I understand that you are not able to take pictures that are acceptable to you. If it's a deal breaker, then return the phone.

So you don't have the daylight issue then? Bloody **** look at the amount of dissatisfied threads that have been created in the Lumia 920 section. Are you going to stop all of them from expressing their opinion?

Why is it when someone criticises a phone or the OP, the fanatics throw a BF? Everyone has a right to express their opinion whether it's positive or negative.

If Nokia do release an update that will completely fix the daylight issue then I'll be the first to acknowledge that but what gets on my t*ts is that Nokia release a flagship phone that was hyped like fuk on its great camera capabilities but turned out to be a disappointment.

Fact is Nokia promised something that turned out to be lies -----> pureview camera.

Now let's wait for another update, yippppppeer

Last edited:

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
So you don't have the daylight issue then? Bloody **** look at the amount of dissatisfied threads that have been created in the Lumia 920 section. Are you going to stop all of them from expressing their opinion?

Why is it when someone criticises a phone or the OP, the fanatics throw a BF? Everyone has a right to express their opinion whether it's positive or negative.

If Nokia do release an update that will completely fix the daylight issue then I'll be the first to acknowledge that but what gets on my t*ts is that Nokia release a flagship phone that was hyped like fuk on its great camera capabilities but turned out to be a disappointment.

Fact is Nokia promised something that turned out to be lies -----> pureview camera.

Now let's wait for another update, yippppppeer

Shut up and get a SG3 already. You seem too DESPERATE to get rid of your phone.
I don't. Understand. Why. Are you holding to a phone you dislike so much. We are given the freedom to choose. Why are you acting like you're being forced to use, in your opinion, such a rundown phone???
Yes. You want your voices to be heard. But your critiques are not constructive.
-> dull screen, brightness not high enough
The above says it all.
Do you need a xenon flash to be attached on the backlight of your screen display? The might call that HD+ Xenon Clear Display! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Shut up and get a SG3 already. You seem too DESPERATE to get rid of your phone.
I don't. Understand. Why. Are you holding to a phone you dislike so much. We are given the freedom to choose. Why are you acting like you're being forced to use, in your opinion, such a rundown phone???
Yes. You want your voices to be heard. But your critiques are not constructive.
-> dull screen, brightness not high enough
The above says it all.
Do you need a xenon flash to be attached on the backlight of your screen display? The might call that HD+ Xenon Clear Display! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you got the L920 yet? No so back to your hole until then.

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I want to see the pictures where the S3 "blows the 920 out of the water" during low light conditions as the OP been claiming. I find it funnny that everyone else who compared S3 to 920 in low light posted pictures where the S3 was crap and the Lumia 920 was good. I guess the OP have some sort of special magical S3.

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
dipsh1ts, get a SGS3 and a L920 and take the same pic if you can you'll see the difference. I do not need to post any pics. Seen as you think you know it all i'd thought you'd have done this by now.

I even went into local EE shop and did the same experiment with the SGS3 phone whilst the EE worker watched and he was astonished with the difference.

When you've done the comparison then open your mouth.

SGS3 picture taking is more sharper and has no blur.

Overall i prefer my L920 because of the speed and quality of the phone just the so called 'amazing' camera is a let down.

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
As I thought, all talk. There are countless comparison shots floating around the net, they all show the L920 as the clear winner in low light conditions. Then you come here claiming the S3 "blows it out of the water" in low light conditions, yet you cannot back it up by any sort of comparison shots.

Let's recap to see who we should listen to, a big number of reviewers/normal users posting their photos for everyone to validate their findings, or one normal user who refuses to post the photos they base their opinion on for anyone else to validate. I don't know about you, but I will go with the first option here.

SGS3 picture taking is more sharper and has no blur.

So you are saying the SGS3 pictures are sharper and also sharper?

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
As I thought, all talk. There are countless comparison shots floating around the net, they all show the L920 as the clear winner in low light conditions. Then you come here claiming the S3 "blows it out of the water" in low light conditions, yet you cannot back it up by any sort of comparison shots.

Let's recap to see who we should listen to, a big number of reviewers/normal users posting their photos for everyone to validate their findings, or one normal user who refuses to post the photos they base their opinion on for anyone else to validate. I don't know about you, but I will go with the first option here.

So you are saying the SGS3 pictures are sharper and also sharper?

I'll just wait for an update... it's like buying a brand new 500hp car and being told you can ONLY use 400hp for the first few months until we come and tweak your engine! This is normal for early releases LOL LOFL

Only numpties like you would be happy with this process!

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Only numpties like you would be happy with this process!

Where have I said I would be happy about that? We all know there are some issues in daylight which can hopefully be fixed with an update. I only asked you to back up your wild claim about the SGS3 being way better in low light as this conflicts with just about every comparison that have been made. When asked to back it up with proof you become defensive and insults people which leads me to believe you are full of it.

yellowjacketphoto

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
First time windows phone user switching from an iphone 4. I've been reading the forums and this thread made me so frustrated that i just had to say one simple thing

i am a professional photographer and i picked up a lumia 920 on october 30th and the camera has BLOWN ME AWAY since the minute i got my greedy hands on it. not just me, but i've also managed to completely stun other photographers, art directors and clients with all the cool things is does, especially the incredible low light performance. so I'm guessing nothing is really wrong with your camera, just do a couple simple things to get your ideal shot. just like you would taking any photo with any camera. and FYI every camera has its limitations, stop expecting so much. I had high expectations for this phone and it fulfilled everything.

:p

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Where have I said I would be happy about that? We all know there are some issues in daylight which can hopefully be fixed with an update. I only asked you to back up your wild claim about the SGS3 being way better in low light as this conflicts with just about every comparison that have been made. When asked to back it up with proof you become defensive and insults people which leads me to believe you are full of it.

I'm pretty sure you can walk into any shop and pick up both phones and see for yourself.

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
First time windows phone user switching from an iphone 4. I've been reading the forums and this thread made me so frustrated that i just had to say one simple thing

i am a professional photographer and i picked up a lumia 920 on october 30th and the camera has BLOWN ME AWAY since the minute i got my greedy hands on it. not just me, but i've also managed to completely stun other photographers, art directors and clients with all the cool things is does, especially the incredible low light performance. so I'm guessing nothing is really wrong with your camera, just do a couple simple things to get your ideal shot. just like you would taking any photo with any camera. and FYI every camera has its limitations, stop expecting so much. I had high expectations for this phone and it fulfilled everything.

:p

what couple of simple things? Like holding the phone still ? LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb