Just got off the phone with AT&T regarding a 900 to 920 upgrade

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
After seeing so many success stories I gave it a shot. I purchased a 900 in early April and was not due for an upgrade till 11/2013.

Called the 611 number and got a real nice (seemed young) rep. I explained to her I wanted to check my upgrade options. She came back with the $250 + $99 option. I explained that was a bit much and that I really wanted to get the 920 due to limited software updates in the future with the 900. I also stated that my wife just upgraded last Friday (picked her up a 920 in red to replace an iPhone 4, beautiful device and she loves it) and that I wanted to get on the same upgrade cycle as her. She checked with her manager and still came back with the same early upgrade option.

I poked a bit more and she then said she could give me a credit of $150 on my bill and then charge the phone to next month?s at the $250 + $99 price. I said that still is a bit much. Then she offered a $250 credit and the $250 + $99 price...so essentially the standard upgrade option :D

Long story short I was able to get the upgrade for $99. Not bad. She did say they were on backorder (I got the white, the only one they had in stock was black) but I guess I can wait after all that. She was able to add free overnight shipping. She even was able to get the charging plate because as she stated "You can't charge the phone without it" :lol:

After wrapping everything up she was having issues adding all of it to my account. I gave her $100 for the phone and then everything went through.

I guess as others have experienced it is really about who you talk too. That and I stayed as nice as possible and made small talk.

Good luck to other 900 early adopters!

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, what is 611?

Yup, what larrynj said, it connects you directly to AT&T. I have seen reports of folks having better luck calling that then other numbers. Can't say that I believe it would make a difference.

Congrats. The 920 is a nice upgrade over the 900.

I hope so! I have had 4 900's. The 4th one is OK but could be better. I can't stand how bad the back light is on the buttons and the volume issue is a pain too. I love how the buttons look on my wife's. They are reflective in the daylight and nice and bright indoors.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Customer service gave you the max credit they could. If it's what it was when I was working, the most is $250 per customer issue.

Glad you got the full upgrade pricing!

RockPaperBFG

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to chime in and confirm this as well. I just talked to someone at 611 after reading this. I mentioned that I knew other people were getting the $99 price when upgrading from a 900 and after talking to her manager I was offered that deal as well.

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Customer service gave you the max credit they could. If it's what it was when I was working, the most is $250 per customer issue.

Glad you got the full upgrade pricing!

I thought that might be the case. Can't complain :)

I just wanted to chime in and confirm this as well. I just talked to someone at 611 after reading this. I mentioned that I knew other people were getting the $99 price when upgrading from a 900 and after talking to her manager I was offered that deal as well.

Nice! Glad to hear someone else get this.

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
so to clarify, you paid 250+99 up front first, then they will credit 250 on your next bill?

Nope. They credited our account right then. I only had to pay the $99 up front because she was not able to put it all on the account.

EDIT: I checked online about 5 min after I hung up and the credit was already there.

RockPaperBFG

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Nope. They credited our account right then. I only had to pay the $99 up front because she was not able to put it all on the account.

EDIT: I checked online about 5 min after I hung up and the credit was already there.

I didn't have to pay anything up front. They just put the $99 on my next bill.

giggles

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear about the success. Especially for someone who lives in Ocala like me. Small world hahaha. Ive called around 6 times myself and no dice.

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear about the success. Especially for someone who lives in Ocala like me. Small world hahaha. Ive called around 6 times myself and no dice.

Small world indeed! :shocked: I have seen very few folks in the area sporting a windows phone. I guess that I why my wife was able to get the red 920 on launch day.

Keep trying, I have seen folks that have called over 10 times and still got it :cool:

giggles

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Small world indeed! :shocked: I have seen very few folks in the area sporting a windows phone. I guess that I why my wife was able to get the red 920 on launch day.

Keep trying, I have seen folks that have called over 10 times and still got it :cool:
Me either. Ive just seen entry level devices. But apparently the lumia 900 were popular in Ocala on launch checked every att store in the county before I found one with 2 in stock.

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Me either. Ive just seen entry level devices. But apparently the lumia 900 were popular in Ocala on launch checked every att store in the county before I found one with 2 in stock.

IIRC I called the one on SR200 (the old one before they moved) and they held one for me till I got of work. She said they only got 2 or 3 in for launch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3