Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I saw a "dot within a circle" icon on my 920's status bar and was wondering what it was. I found a handy page that was part of the 920's online manual that showed me it was the icon for "An app or service is using your location info."

Since I remember questions regarding what various icons mean cropped up occasionally for the Lumia 900, I thought I'd share this link for any other new 920 owners, especially those who are newly arriving from Android or iOS:

Icons shown on the Lumia 920

On the left of that page is a listing of the other contents of the user manual too, so this is a handy page to bookmark.
    Thanked by:
    yodies 

Useful info. Thanks.

Here's the official MS page about the icons. It says it's for WP7 but the info is valid for WP8 as well. It has a few that are missing on the Nokia page:

What do the icons on my phone mean? | Windows Phone How-to (United States)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I always kept forgetting what the 'vibrate' icon meant. I thought it was telling me my phone smelled bacon nearby. (oooo, future feature idea!!!!)