Trading in my red 920 for a black one..

Jaymil

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I love the look of the red.. but I already have some small micro scratches on the back. I haven't had it anywhere besides in my pocket or on my nightstand. I shudder to think of what it will look like in 3 months if it looks like this after 3 days. I'm also not liking the fact that no matter how many times I wash my hands it gets a nice coat of grease on it.

Those alone wouldn't be enough to exchange though, I've had freeze up issues with this one where it turns off and won't turn back on unless I hold down all the buttons.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much the reasons why I decided to go matte black, despite hating black phones. I figured I would regret the red one due to it's glossyness (and the issues the glossy finish brings as mentioned in the OP) more than I would regret the black one just cos it's a bit boring color.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much the reasons why I decided to go matte black, despite hating black phones. I figured I would regret the red one due to it's glossyness (and the issues the glossy finish brings as mentioned in the OP) more than I would regret the black one just cos it's a bit boring color.

I've had black phones, but never a MATTE black phone. It's a whole nother beast.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I've had the matte Black 900 when it launched and I got my wife the matte Cyan. I had temptations at times to use the Cyan... but realized Black was still the better one.

For the 920, I was leaning towards the Yellow one even though it was a glossy one and I even added it to the cart and did not hit order.

I finally went back to getting the Black one. Also my decision was made much easier when the Yellow one was not matte finish and it was not immediately available.

I am glad I stuck to the matte Black. Loving every bit of it. The best part is, any accent color goes with the Black one.

Watcherseye

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I have in my possession a Cyan and a Red (I got impatient). I'm trying to decide which to keep. The cyan feels easier to hold and I hate the fingerprints, etc on the outside. The problem is, I got my red at early upgrade cost, while the cyan was full price. There may not be any dilemma here, but my brain is telling me something's not quite right lol.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had black phones, but never a MATTE black phone. It's a whole nother beast.

I agree, the finish is quite something else from your usual run of the mill black phones, but just talking about color here, in the end it's still black :D Glossy black or matte black is still a boring black to me, but rather matte black than the glossy options for me anyways.

muddtt

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to get the white, but I felt like the glossy ones looked to toy like and plasticy. The matte black felt awesome compared to the glossy ones. I sometimes think its metal cause its so heavy and the finish is so nice.

esarz

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a matte black for myself, and then saw a glossy white in the store which I originally thought I might like but after seeing it in person I was much happier I stuck with my gut and got black

Toolzero

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The glossy cases are surprisingly greasy. If you're going to put a case on it I suppose it doesn't matter, but caseless it is too greasy for me.

naldonnis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I had the matte black one. I went through two of them due to poor build quality with the screen. Dust kept getting in. I decided to just switch from the black to the red one and I love the feel and look of the red. Just hoping I have no more quality control issues with it.

Jaybotics

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
How do you exchange your phone for another one if you have problems with it? I have been an Apple person, and it's so easy to just walk into the Apple store with an appointment and have them replace your phone for a new or refurbished phone.

I don't have any problems that I've noticed with my L920 yet, but if I do, how do you go and get it exchanged? I was thinking about getting it exchanged this Friday for a Cyan color, but he told me I'd have to pay a restocking fee to exchange it. Is their a way around? Like, what if I had a legitimate problem (dust under the screen) would I have to pay 35 every time?

naldonnis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
How do you exchange your phone for another one if you have problems with it? I have been an Apple person, and it's so easy to just walk into the Apple store with an appointment and have them replace your phone for a new or refurbished phone.

I don't have any problems that I've noticed with my L920 yet, but if I do, how do you go and get it exchanged? I was thinking about getting it exchanged this Friday for a Cyan color, but he told me I'd have to pay a restocking fee to exchange it. Is their a way around? Like, what if I had a legitimate problem (dust under the screen) would I have to pay 35 every time?

They will let you exchange it out up to 3 times before they try to push you off to another device. Something like the lemon law. Since I went to a different model of the lumia I had to pay the $35 restocking fee. Stupid I know, but after two of the same colors, I figured maybe they just got a bad batch of that particular color in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism