Activating with grandfathered unlimited data

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
How was the activation process for you guys?

I'm on a family plan with the grandfathered unlimited data and I'm a little hesitant to activate it myself when it comes tomorrow as I don't want to lose that data.

At the same time I feel like the morons at the store have an equal or greater chance of screwing things up.

Thanks

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Tell them that you do not want to lose your unlimited and that it should go to the LTE version of the unlimited. Simple. For me, I like doing it with friends I know at AT&T so I know they're not putting me on a plan that I shouldn't be going on.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Chances are good that they mess it up. They did 2 of the 4 times I did. But one call and it was all handled. I wouldn't sweat it.

mas90guru

Oct 7, 2003
www.s-consult.com
I have unlimited data and they transferred me no problem when I upgraded - unfortunately they also thought that they were going to cram $6.99 and $3.99 of insurance on my bill which I just noticed because AT&T sent an email to welcome me to the insurance.

Typically I have to call AT&T after any of these store upgrades because they all seem to delight in adding things that you did not order.

sandman

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I called before activating my phone to verify I still had my unlimited data plan. Then I used the automated system to activate my phone. It seems it removed my unlimited data plan. AT&T is supposed to correct it this week... We shall see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon