Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

The sim is invalid or so it says. I'm upgrading from having an Iphone for the last 4 years, so excuse me if this is a foolish question, but how do I get it activated?

Global Posts
    2,447 Global Posts
    I call AT&T, or stop by a store.

Global Posts
    1,338 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WIndowsReborn View Post
    The sim is invalid or so it says. I'm upgrading from having an Iphone for the last 4 years, so excuse me if this is a foolish question, but how do I get it activated?
    the sim should come with the phone.. if you are using your Iphone sim it won't work,because it is in use..
    2 options:
    a.use the sim card that came with the phone

b. go to At&T store and grab one

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    They gave you an email which gives you the activation number and the steps to do it via internet. If you did that and it still did not work, then call into customer service where you can get it activated via voice prompt. It will require your phone number, zip code of billing address and the last 4-digits of your social security. Once you've given the correct info, your new phone will be activated and the old one will be deactivated.

If you are still having issues, then call customer service again and skip the automated voice message and it will put you to a human where they will help you activate it.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tlegend2012 View Post
    the sim should come with the phone.. if you are using your Iphone sim it won't work,because it is in use..
    2 options:
    a.use the sim card that came with the phone

b. go to At&T store and grab one
    Yeah, a new sim came with the phone, and was already installed, however, it said it was invalid from the start.

Sounds like I'll have to make a trip to the store.

I had the same issue, but couldn't call because it's my phone that wasn't working. The chat rep fixed it for me.

Same thing happened to me, try taking the sim out and putting it back in, restarting the phone, and talking to a rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypetrak View Post
    They gave you an email which gives you the activation number and the steps to do it via internet. If you did that and it still did not work, then call into customer service where you can get it activated via voice prompt. It will require your phone number, zip code of billing address and the last 4-digits of your social security. Once you've given the correct info, your new phone will be activated and the old one will be deactivated.

If you are still having issues, then call customer service again and skip the automated voice message and it will put you to a human where they will help you activate it.
    Thanks! Phone is working now!

Quick question, is it normal that the 4g/LTE doesn't show up in the corner?

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

yes. Slide from the top of the screen downward and it will appear.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

No problem, I had the same issue when switching from my iPhone to the 920 aswell.

That question I do not know for sure. The rep told my girlfriend not to worry if 4g/LTE doesn't show up on her phone for the first week when she bought her Note 2 from AT&T. The reps explanation had something to do with service towers not being fully up yet, or something along those lines.

My guess is that it varies from city to city, but I suggest talking to AT&T for more info on that.

EDIT: Nvm I thought you were not getting 4g/lte rather than it not displaying on the phone. Beer Pawn is right ^

Yes, you have to click the top of the main screen to see the bars.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    I had the same issue, but I have so many cards here that I used a different one and while doing so, I noticed the warehouse put the sim in, incorrectly. Already wasted the sim, but those with issues, make sure the sim in in correctly.

The part with the globe and sim card number should be facing the tray!

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Should see this part facing you.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352752121.974036.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod