Lumia 920 Screen Scratches

squiggs1982

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
As an observation, my 800 is covered in scratches. I've always assumed that the Gorilla glass claims were hot air. Will try and post a pic later.

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps we can try to take some sort of info down on when and where the phone was purchased. Were these all ATT phones that were scratched? I am assuming yes, but would like to confirm. Thanks

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Here is my red 920 after a week. Pulled it out of my pocket (kept seperate from other items) and noticed the fine scratches across the center of the screen. Am I having too high of expectations for durability?

920 screen - Imgur
Wow, that's much worse than what I've experienced. However, most of mine are in the same general location. My guess is that it is from the slide up to unlock and scrolling motions when using the phone one-handed.

dtiapril

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Only got my Lumia 920 yesterday and after reading this thread I glanced down at my beautiful phone to see a huge scratch in the corner of the screen. I was horrified! On closer inspection it turned out to be a dog hair, and my screen is still in fact pristine as expected :)

Tsaan

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
If you're worried about scratches get a screen protector. I put one on the day i got my 920. Some say that having one on ruins the screen quality. Scratches ruin the screen quality in my opinion.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
If you're worried about scratches get a screen protector. I put one on the day i got my 920. Some say that having one on ruins the screen quality. Scratches ruin the screen quality in my opinion.
This. After a little over a week, I've got no scratches on my 920. I keep it in a pocket by itself, although a few times I had a few coins in my pocket. My Galaxy Nexus, with its Gorilla Glass screen, mysteriously got a deep scratch on it a month after similar treatment. My Focus, same screen as my Nexus, got a few light scratches after a few months. While i do think the claims of Gorilla glass are at times a bit overhyped, it's important to realize that others have said, it's scratch resistant, not scratch proof.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and bought an Invisible Shield in the universal size (3.72" x 4.93") and cut it to fit. Looks great so far, although it makes the screen feel a little "grabby". This will do until there is a better selection of screen protectors available.

mrlinlee

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
You guys are just too careless, I had my old htc from 2008 windows mobile 6 and even if gorilla glass didn't exists back then I still managed to keep the screen fresh and clean without scratches for 4 years.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I have about 10 scratches on mine.

And to anyone who claims people are being too rough with your phone. You are wrong. I baby the **** out of my phone. These aren't scratches in the glass, they are scratches in the oleophobic coating.

You guys are just too careless, I had my old htc from 2008 windows mobile 6 and even if gorilla glass didn't exists back then I still managed to keep the screen fresh and clean without scratches for 4 years.

Your old htc didn't have a chemical layer to prevent smudging.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Someone post a link to a good 920 screen protector. I really haven't seen any at the At&t store or Microsoft store and I'm tired if this texting and driving it can wait sticker still on my phone as a protector.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Don't really blame you for thinking so, but I'm always extra careful with my phones. No scratches or cracks on any phone I've ever owned, until now.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
there might be some tiny scratches on my phone, but i don't really look for them nor do i really care. As long as when i'm using the phone and i don't have a noticeable scratchs interrupting my use of the phone it doesn't really matter to me. Did a quick check of the screen and couldn't find any. I have had the phone since the 15th.

FLLMTR

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Cyan. Had mine for a week and a half. Zero scratches. After reading these posts, I am getting a screen protector. I have had scratches in my previous iPhone 4. As others mentioned, the scratch to my iPhone most likely came from either the zipper or rivet on my jeans. So I am more careful now and have had no problems with scratches so far with my HTC One X or the 920 which both have Corning Gorilla Glass 2. But I am still installing a screen protector as cheap insurance.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Can someone with a screen protector please take some photos of it on their 920?
I've ordered some off ebay, a pack of 6 for $4. Hopefully should get here just before the phone comes (its not released here in Australia yet).
I currently use these cheap chinese ones on my iphone, they get scratched easily, but you just keep replacing them now and then. Prefer the way they feel.
Just wonder how they deal with the curved glass of the 920.
Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077