Lumia 920 Screen Scratches

TrevorSmith1

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got my 920 on Friday night and by Saturday morning I had several deep scratches in the screen. I wouldn't even say it's scratch resistant--more like a scratch magnet. I'm definitely investing in a screen protector. Any idea how to get the scratches out?

nico002

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
are you guys using your phones as snowboards? Did you see the drop test video? The thing slid across pavement and left with no scratches. (BTW, mine is spotless...)

TrevorSmith1

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I put mine in the cupholder of my car for about 10 seconds. I think that's what did it.

Looks like my best bet for fixing it is to get a screen protector that will cover it up. There's only one screen protector on Amazon for the 920--not much of a selection yet.

mattwoodget

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Same problem as OP

Several days into ownership I noticed a fairly large scratch on the screen today, and lots of little scuffs. As the day went on it got worse (and I was on the look out). I don't keep anything else in my phone pocket... certainly not diamonds. I have a tray to put it in my car which doesn't have any other objects in it either. Several of the scratches I can feel with my nail, which indicates they are rather deep indeed.

In short my experience so far is one that feels like a super-soft plastic screen and certainly not some kind of tough material.

I'd previously been using an HTC Titan for ~3 months w/o screen protector. It is in better condition than my 4 day old Lumia 920.

I'm a huge fan of the Lumia 920, this screen issue is proving rather disapointing.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My wife's phone has some small scratches. Almost seems like there is some thin layer on top of the glass that gets scratched

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
My wife's phone has some small scratches. Almost seems like there is some thin layer on top of the glass that gets scratched

I would assume there is an oleophobic coating on the glass, as there is with most modern touch screen devices these days. One important thing to note: this is going to scratch much more easily than the glass itself.

All that said, my phone has been dropped, a short 6 hours after buying, by my dear wife (love you honey!) right on the wood floor near the entry (probably the dirtiest grittiest part of the house...) and while there is a slight scuff on the top right corner of the casing, the screen looks good as new, even though the phone did a bit of a spin on the screen side. Everyone's mileage is going to vary, but if you are in a dusty, gritty environment, you are likely to get scratches. I tried a zagg on day one, but just couldn't deal with it. It was too rubbery, picked up fingerprints worse than the glass, and distorted the screen much more than any scratches the screen might accumulate ever would.

Mrkdilkington

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Make that 5. My phone slid about two inches face down on my smooth wooden desk at work (slid off an open textbook) and it has a gash in the screen now. I inspected the table and there were no jagged edges or anything. I am seriously dumbfounded.

ZoSo925

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe any of this Hammer and Knife scratch test. My Samsung phone has gorilla glass and I managed to scratch mine too. I blame keeping my phone in pocket with loose coin change and or/car keys. That's only way I scratched my phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb