LTE/3G Toggle

ad2107

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

The Field Test options originally available in the Nokia Lumia 900, is also present in the 920. Go into your phone dialer and type in the following:

##3282#

and this will open up the Field Test options. Hit the "..." at the bottom and then "Settings" and you'll see the data toggles.

I tried changing the data speed to 3G and then going back to the Field Test menu a few times, but it did not stick, LTE remained. After playing with the settings, I was able to get it to stick, but I'm not sure how I did it. I did manually restart my phone a few times and also tried toggling ENS off.

You all may want to play around with this, but do so at your own risk. I'll try again this evening to see how I got it to stick, but wanted to let everyone know that the toggle for 4G/3G is still available.

Image:
View attachment 22368

Last edited:

cdd543

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Hmm mine sticks if I don't reboot, but always goes back to auto after the power cycle. I tried ens off and on.

ad2107

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could tell you how I got it to stick. But now, I'm not able to revert back, even if I restart my phone... I guess I lucked out somehow. I'll see if I can get the same results with my coworkers 920.

larspassic

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Okay I understand this now. The general idea is that when the "Toggle ENS" setting is off (which, to turn it off and have it take effect, you need to reboot the phone) the settings in the "network type" field will work. So essentially, turn ENS off, reboot your 920, then as long as that setting is turned off, you can go into the field test settings and manually choose your network type. I have tested this and it works, even after reboots. I am going to use HSPA+ only and see if that improves my battery life until they update the firmware or something to bring better battery life.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
What exactly does ENS even do? I tried on/off to attempt to lock my phone in 4G only.
My apartment seldom connects to 4G [and my international L920 cannot connect to LTE].
ENS on/off seems to make no difference whether my network type is set to automatic, 3g or 4g only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos