AT&T screwed up and I won pretty big!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scumdogmillionaire

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So here is my AT&T Saga, how bad they messed up, and how I benefited greatly.

11/6: My Samsung Focus is ready for an upgrade. My wife's is not until January. I called AT&T the day before and was given a managers approval for my wife's upgrade, but I have to call. Can't order from the website.

11/7 AM: I call to place the order for the Lumia's. The system is showing them at $199 instead of $99. The guy goes to get manager approval for the discount, as well as the free wireless charging plates. I decided to place the order for my upgrade on the website and tell him I only need to upgrade her line. He says OK. I order the upgrade for her line.

11/7 PM: I receive order confirmations for both phones... and a third shows up later in the day? WTF? Did I just get a third Lumia 920 at $99 (I only have 2 lines)

11/9: Two Lumia 920's arrive. All is well.

11/12 AM: Wireless Charging Plate arrives from my online order.

11/12 PM: Third Lumia 920 that I didn't order (but paid for) arrives. As well as two Wireless Charging STANDS. Not the Plates, but the more expensive stands.

To summarize, they never upgraded my wife's line. She's still eligible for upgrade in January. So I got 3 Lumia 920s at 99/ea, one free Wireless Charging Plate and two free Wireless Charging Stands and only got dinged for one upgrade.

I'm not really sure what happened and why this was such a cluster, but I'm happy to pay the $99 for the 920 and keep it as a backup! So yeah... they messed up, but I won!

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
SMH this is whats wrong with our society now. So is this a win or low morales? Having it happen is one thing, bragging about it being a win. You picked the right screen name at least lol. Ok i am sorry ahead of time

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
One time I bought a set of headlight bulbs for my car for $50 online, but instead of taking my money the accidentally deposited $5,000 into my account. But that doesn't mean I went out and spent it. :)

You'd be better off calling AT&T and telling them about the mistake. Chances are they will give you something in return for being honest AND you won't get bit by karma or the law later on.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
SMH this is whats wrong with our society now. So is this a win or low morales? Having it happen is one thing, bragging about it being a win. You picked the right screen name at least lol. Ok i am sorry ahead of time

Why are you sorry?

People think that "Bank error in your favor" is not stealing, it is. Just because it is a faceless company doesn't mean you can do that. If you made a mistake as a cashier at CVS and gave someone $100 dollars in change instead of $1, I'm sure you want them to return it or your till would be off and you might loose your job.

Just put it in perspective, ATT didn't make a mistake, Joe Smith at ATT made a mistake.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Why are you sorry?

People think that "Bank error in your favor" is not stealing, it is. Just because it is a faceless company doesn't mean you can do that. If you made a mistake as a cashier at CVS and gave someone $100 dollars in change instead of $1, I'm sure you want them to return it or your till would be off and you might loose your job.

Just put it in perspective, ATT didn't make a mistake, Joe Smith at ATT made a mistake.

That was a great way to put it. I meant what i said, just sorry cause the referrence to the screen name may have been a bit much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234