- 11-12-2012, 06:12 PM #1
The phone has already came out for four days.
After i was informed by the AT&T store rep that they cannot sell me the phone without contract.(Sacramento),
I did some research on the internet
Here are some ways to get the phone working without signing the shxxxy contract with AT&T
can someone who is currently in the progress give me some feedback about how these stuffs work?
1. buy the International version (Canada or something like that)
but its so expensive , right?
2. buy the phone from MS store and get an official AT&T unlock
I am afraid this would take so long ,even to six months?!
3.Go to another AT&T store and get a full price one and ask for AT&T unlock
Same as 2. Who buys L920 in Sacramento? can you provide me the branch which is okay to sell the off contract L920?
4. GSM AT&T unlocked version
I doubt this .... and it costs 600 something.
if someone get the phone from them please does post if it works!
5. Hacked unlock
how's the progress now?
and how about the frequency issue ?
if the at&t releases the unlock code, can the phone works on the T-mobile?
or i should get a hacked unlock?
Thanks so much
I think this post will also help some other people who are so confused and angry at what NOKIA AND AT&T 've done this time!
Last edited by Owen Nieh; 11-12-2012 at 06:14 PM. Reason: typo
- 11-12-2012, 06:36 PM #3
Thanks so much
i think i saw your post but cannot find it at this time.
CAN I USE THE RED POCKET IN THE LOCKED LUMIA 920?
Because my previous nokia is broken
i really need a phone....
I dont think amazon will provide unlocked version until the exclusive expires
- 11-12-2012, 06:38 PM #4
1. Go with international version. Unlocked, high price, won't be able to get 3G on T-Mobile if your area is not in refarm.
2. Wait for Microsoft Store to have stock then go directly to them to buy. I am talking about the physical store, not online store, because online store will redirect you to AT&T for contract.
3. Search craighlist for AT&T model and pray for a working unlock method. Currently we don't have any specific detail on when official unlock would occur.
4. Buy Roger version or dev version. Have someone live in Canda to buy the Roger for you or go to Negri to place order. This version at this point is very limited. Or ebay search for dev. Prepare to pay freaking expensive price for this.
Of all the above, if you are on T-MO, then Roger and dev are the only choices as international and AT&T won't work unless T-MO done the refarm or XDAs figure out how to flash a firmware or something to enable the AWS band.
- 11-12-2012, 06:48 PM #5
i am not in t-mo but i think the service is not bad
Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 (Rogers) (Unlocked) (Black)
so this one is unlock and can be used with t-mo?
I would probably choose red pocket and wait for a unlock from AT&T or xda
- 11-12-2012, 06:52 PM #6
- 11-12-2012, 07:05 PM #8