Blurry Photos of Friends after Pinning them to Start Screen

oztheozoz

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just switched to using a Nokia Lumia 920 from an Android phone. Since there doesn't seem to be an option to setup press and hold speed dial, I figure that you are supposed to pin your friends to your start screen for speed dial. When pinning my friends to the start screen, initially their photo looks perfectly clear but then after using the phone for a little while, their photo turns blurry and looks like a very low resolution photo.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Make sure the friend you are going to pin to the start screen has a clear picture of them in their profile. If they don't have a picture, assign them one either from Facebook or from a saved picture from Facebook. At first I thought the blurry photo was because I didn't save the photo to my phone first but it happens either way.

2) Pin your friend to the start screen. Their picture will look clear in any sized tile.
3) Use your phone for a while including locking and unlocking of your screen and using apps.
4) Eventually your photo turns blurry and looks like it has very low resolution.

Anyone else having this issue?

gbx5

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem with my own picture when I was assigning it.

I basically gave up and I learned that if you just leave the picture default(your own and your friends), there won't ever be any compression. And my friend tiles will automatically update to their latest picture.

Why they made it like this I have no idea.

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this will help your scenario but there is a problem because of how small the pictures are that google stores. I actually stopped using google to save my contacts and started using live just because the pictures are higher quality.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My experience is the same as bird's... Google severly compresses contact photos and Live does not as much, so if you save contact and photo info there it should be better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros