Would you buy your 920 again?

jd195

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that I (currently) would like better about it is if it had an SD card slot. Other than a scenario where that existed, yes I would (so far)

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Without a doubt I would buy my 920 again. I would even get the red one again despite a friend teasing me about not getting a manly phone color. It just stands out so well and makes me feel really unique to have such a noticeable phone.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Its too early for me to tell. I've had plenty of issues with it, more than I've had with any other device recently. I really am digging the phone though. I haven't returned it yet, so that's saying something.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, in a heartbeat. No problems with it at all. I use about 18-25% battery between 6am and 10pm, with 5 email accounts (1 push, 4 pull).

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Tentatively, I'm saying YES! YES! YES! I would re-buy it in a heartbeat. It's GREAT hardware without a doubt.

The bugs people are experiencing are definitely Windows Phone 8 and software related. Things that can be fixed, and since it seems like they're experiencing similar issues with the 8X it points to Windows Phone 8 and not just Nokia.

To me, this means that maybe I was wrong about the purported delays in Windows Phone 8 development... it really seems like it was rushed and incomplete to meet the launch deadlines.

It's very disappointing, but it happens. We saw the same thing with the iPhone 5 launch. Heck, I've seen it with several phone launches in the past 5 years.

What the real question is... how quickly will Microsoft respond to these issues to produce fixes? Honestly, if I don't see a fix by Christmas, I may move back to my Titan or 900. The handful of glitches I've experienced aren't showstoppers on their own, but together for an extended time, they will be. Plus, the improvements to WP8 aren't drastic enough (minus the start screen anyway) that I can't live without them.

I'm actually more scared about the prospects of a 7.8 update being rushed.

adebo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hardware wise it is the best phone I have ever used. Windows Phone 8 is only second to webOS in my opinion.

I loved my Nokia 900 and the 920 just blows it out of the water.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
In a second. My 920 has been almost faultless, and is a huge improvement over my wp7.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

jonesyvoor

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. And though I don't doubt some of the 920s have issues, you have to remember that internet forums are a notorious gathering spot for those looking to complain or post their problems. Even if 1% of the phones had issues, it'd seem like most of them do because the other 99% rarely have a reason to post their good experiences.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
It has been worth the wait for my first Windows Phone. I've had it a week and it's been great. And I'm sure I haven't even started to use it to it's fullest. Would buy again in a second. In fact, seriously thinking about trying to get ETF dropped for my wife's arrive and have her move over with me to get one.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I wouldn't use it as a work phone, though - not reliable enough with notifications. Still use a Droid for corporate email and such, but I love the 920 as a personal phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3