Would you buy your 920 again?

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I finally got my Lumia 920 today and while I may not have had it as long as others, I simply love this phone. Unless MS (or someone else) releases some really quad-core powerhouse, I will be sticking with this phone for the next two years minimum.

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
if apple doesn't release a phone with a bigger screen, not taller, in 2 years, then yes i would buy the next gen 920. and hopefully the camera issue can get resolved along with some WP8OS quirks

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I was disappointed due to the colour limitations in Canada (black only), but yes, I'd buy it again. I haven't had any of the issues reported either.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have not had my 920 very long but so far I am loving it. I have not run into any issues yet but I am still playing with it. The negative comments about the camera are very overblown IMO and photo and video quality is a big improvement over the Lumia 900.

kebnt

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine off contract, was coming from iPhone 5, still debating whether to keep it or return it. Not sure that I would buy it off contract at the price it was released at again or wait until the price came down, but would probably buy it again. I really did like the phone though, but the main things that are bugging me are:
  • the battery life (did all the things suggested here, etc. and it still wasn't that great, my commute to work is boring so it goes through a lot of LTE internet use, music, and some apps)
  • blurry photos (yes I know there is supposed to be a fix coming soon, but alot of the ones I've taken are during the day have been pretty bad - without post-processing)
  • freeze/reset - first one I had didn't have an issue with freezes/resets and then I exchanged it because the battery life wasn't that great. Now the one I have has frozen at least 3x a day and also has battery life issues (did a factory reset on this one and it still has this issue)
  • minor thing but would prefer to have a forward/back button in the browser, not a universal back button
  • would like to be able to change the color of all tiles (including individual ones), particularly facebook, music/videos, xbox, linkedin, etc.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't decide if I want to wait until June 2013 when I qualify for the subsidized rate or to blow $450 on this thing. Is it THAT much better than 7.5 right now?

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from a White Lumia 900 with 7.5 on it and if I were in your boat, I'd probably wait. I mean yeah WP8 has a lot of very cool things going on but the 900 is a great phone. I love mine. When 7.8 hits the street (which could be soon if you believe the rumors) it'll give the 900 a lot of the same interface features. With all the goodies that WP8 has, it's the small tiles on the start screen that I think I love the most (which 7.8 will give you). Ultimately it's your decision. I got my Yellow 920 with a contract. If I hadn't been able to do that I'd have waited.
-joe-

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine off contract, great device. If 7.8 comes out thou, within my 14 days I might just go back to my titan
Sent from my lumia 920 using Board Express

TheBigJMoney

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
For $99 and a free charging case, plus snagging one for the wife from Amazon for $49 I absolutely would. I think price is one significant factor (admittedly with a new contract) that reviewers mistakenly leave out.

Leo Kaukidi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I had the S3 followed by Iphone 5, both do not come even close to my 920.
This is the best phone I have ever owned, would buy it again even if I had to assemble it myself like one of those airplane construction kits ... lmao.

fhumphrey04

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
To be completely honest, no I would not. I like the phone and I like the OS, but it's just too big for me. I dont understand the fascination with giant phones and huge screens, but I thought it would grow on me after a bit of use.... well it hasn't. If they offered a version that was similar in dimensions to the iPhone 5, I would have been perfectly happy. Due to the lack of apps that I want and the weight/size of this phone, i'm going to be leaving it for an iPhone. I'm not a apple ****** either, I am coming from a Samsung Focus which I bought two years ago and enjoyed... but the apps never came that I wanted and I dont get the impression that they'll be on WP8 any time soon either.

.... Back to the dark side I go :(

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't decide if I want to wait until June 2013 when I qualify for the subsidized rate or to blow $450 on this thing. Is it THAT much better than 7.5 right now?

You might qualify for an early upgrade discount of $100. I got my Lumia 900 on launch in April and I qualified. Then it's only $350.

That said, I was prepared to wait. The only reason I jumped in was because my 900 got dropped hard about 3 weeks before the 920 came out and had a crack across the whole screen.

I don't think you have anything to lose by waiting... that was my plan originally because I predicted (correctly) that there wouldn't be that many WP8 exclusive apps at launch anyway and we'd be waiting on updates and bug fixes, which we are. By June 2013 all of that should be well sorted, and there may even be a price drop on the 920 by then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3