Would you buy your 920 again?

humdinger

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. I've not encountered any issues so far. My battery was a little crappy on Day 1 prior to a full charge but the overnight charge seems to have gotten rid of any issues. I get the same battery burn as my Lumia 900.

humdinger

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
To be completely honest, no I would not. I like the phone and I like the OS, but it's just too big for me. I dont understand the fascination with giant phones and huge screens, but I thought it would grow on me after a bit of use.... well it hasn't. If they offered a version that was similar in dimensions to the iPhone 5, I would have been perfectly happy. Due to the lack of apps that I want and the weight/size of this phone, i'm going to be leaving it for an iPhone. I'm not a apple ****** either, I am coming from a Samsung Focus which I bought two years ago and enjoyed... but the apps never came that I wanted and I dont get the impression that they'll be on WP8 any time soon either.

.... Back to the dark side I go :(
Different strokes for different folks. Although I'd encourage you to check out the HTC 8X. I picked that up in store to play with it and was surprised by how well it felt in my hand. I ended up going with the 920 because of Nokia's superior exclusives.

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
After not having a contract with att for almost 8 years.. (of 12 total years with att) Having probably every unlocked flagship Nokia phone as well as some unlocked galaxy droid phones.. I pulled the trigger and bought this phone and signed a new contract. Even though the cost of the plan is much higher than my prior grandfathered data, phone and messages packages--- totally worth it.

I wish I would have bought it when it first came out. Im really excited to see how the OS evolves in the months and years to come. So far my phone has been working flawlessly. No dead pixels or heat or any of the other common complaints.

Take care and good luck

fhumphrey04

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Different strokes for different folks. Although I'd encourage you to check out the HTC 8X. I picked that up in store to play with it and was surprised by how well it felt in my hand. I ended up going with the 920 because of Nokia's superior exclusives.

That's my problem too, Nokia has all the better apps and cool stuff that the 8X doesn't. I'll check it out at the store, but I'm pretty set on the iPhone 5.

Dreamagain

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I returned my 920 to best buy today for an optimus G on sale for $100.

The phone itself is amazing. Maybe the best actual phone out there.. but WP8 is just awful. It's so outdated and there's so many features I miss on Android, I just couldn't keep it. Also the lack of SD card sucks too. Even though it has 32gig internal which is great, but with the OS and apps , pictures.. etc.. there's not enough room f or my music.. and forget having a few movies on there. With other phones I can use 16gig internal + 32 or 64 external and fit everything.

Anyways, the phone itself is probably a 9.5/10 in my book but the OS is a 4/10. The optimus g is a great piece of craftsmanship as well, so it's okay.

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
No, I won't buy a 920 again. The lack of notifications, the constant reboots (thought it would disappear with updated OS, well, it did not), the lack of a proper Skype app (for crying out loud, Skype is owned by the very developper of this OS!!), etc... disgusted me of this phone, and the only reason I am still keeping it is that nobody wants to buy it from me for a decent price so that I can buy a decent phone.

Having said that, the OS itself is beautiful, but that's about it unfortunately :(

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Other than the excellent video it records, it does nothing else special for me that many other phone can't do, and they have more apps.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
The only other phone that interests me right now is the Galaxy Note II and now the Note III will be coming out. I simply like the HUGE size and ability to write and take notes. That said, I am sticking with my Lumia right now. No other phone interests me enough to switch and lets face it, it's hard to beat the price tag of this phone. I would have expected to pay $200-300 for it. It has features on it that only a Windows Phone has (OneNote) and no other phone has (Great low light camera). It works great with the Windows 8 Desktop too. If there was one negative I might give it, it is that you can't get every app for it. I can certainly get everything I require but not so much with that odd new app out there I'd like to try. It's annoying at times but not a deal breaker. The one thing that makes this phone especially compelling for me is its ability to work well with other Windows Phones. My husband has one also and for the first time in forever, I can easily share info with him (using the Family Room) where he can actually find it (the man is technologically impaired I swear). We are now in perfect sync (so to speak) and I rarely have a problem communicating with him. He just knows to go look in the Family Room. Easy

Oseph

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 920 for 3 days now and think it's great. The only issue I've seen is the battery drain, but I think it will improve as I go through a few cycles. It's a top-notch phone.

Just got a 920 three days ago too. I'm being very cautious about the battery because it seems a bit iffy to me (also the charging seems hellishly slow), but that might just be because new-phone-syndrome won't let me put the device down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster