Would you buy your 920 again?

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
No, I most certainly would not. I find more attractive opportunities and nifty features in less prominent Lumia models. Such as expandable memory, removable (colorful) shells and less issues/bugs.

I am in the midst of switching device.

sjhippie

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. I'm on my second after losing my first like an idiot. While it has some faults I freaking love the hardware and WP8 is just plain refreshing to work with. Love it and I'm super impressed with how much of a surge we've seen from Nokia as far as support and returning to the forefront of conversations about smart phones.

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm honestly not sure. I really like the phone, but I still have issues with Bluetooth and using my headset and I'm on my fourth phone due to bad batteries. This one seems to be doing better but it also has the bug where the proximity sensor doesn't work and whenever I'm on a call, the screen is black and there's no way to get the screen back until the call ends.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Phone is a POS. If it didn't have so many design defects it'd be alright. After using WP8 for awhile now, I'd say the whole concept behind the OS is crap. Live tiles are nice in theory, but in use, don't mean ****. The only live tile I've found useful so far is the Weather Channel app. All of my other tiles are just tiny, uninformative, square icons, nothing more. Can't think of a single thing WP8 does that hasn't been done before and done better by Android and iOS.

Even if WP8 impressed me, my next phone will not be another Microsoft product. They're ruining one of my favorite hobbies (videogames) by slowly turning the console industry into an always connected, software-as-a-service, monopolistic empire bent on milking us for all we're worth. I'll buy something else out of pure spite. Quite simply, I'm tired of Microsoft's vision of the future and long for a day when they have little to no influence on it.

Adrian Edwards1

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Most bias idiotic coment i have read in quite some time i really doubt you ever had a wp8 you are from one of the other camps trolling please go away you brainless ******.

For my part i switched from an iphone 4s to a lumia 900 dark knight edition that i loved then upgraded to a red lumia 920 and i must say its the best phone i have ever owned now that the marketplace is really starting to open up i cant see me ever going back to apple and ive always hated the messy android OS.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Phone is a POS. If it didn't have so many design defects it'd be alright. After using WP8 for awhile now, I'd say the whole concept behind the OS is crap. Live tiles are nice in theory, but in use, don't mean ****. The only live tile I've found useful so far is the Weather Channel app. All of my other tiles are just tiny, uninformative, square icons, nothing more. Can't think of a single thing WP8 does that hasn't been done before and done better by Android and iOS.

Even if WP8 impressed me, my next phone will not be another Microsoft product. They're ruining one of my favorite hobbies (videogames) by slowly turning the console industry into an always connected, software-as-a-service, monopolistic empire bent on milking us for all we're worth. I'll buy something else out of pure spite. Quite simply, I'm tired of Microsoft's vision of the future and long for a day when they have little to no influence on it.

Your departure from Windows Phone will not be missed, I wish you well with your future endeavours.

mjbatnt.gif

Portsider

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I would buy it again in a second. Premium feel, great camera, smooth UI, and not a glitch or problem since I've had it. Heck, if this device had the USB 'on the go' capabilities that a few of the android devices have out of the box, I would've proposed to it already. :love:

The Darkness

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Definitely. I don't normally rave about inanimate objects/devices, but I love my Nokia Lumia 920 (the yellow one). I've had no problems with battery life, dust, heat etc etc that others have mentioned. A great device.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I own the 822 and tried the 920 as far as I am concerned any WP8 device is well worth the money! Nokia did a great job with these devices which made it a very successful launch. I have owned all the different platforms and WP8 has been the most reliable!

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I just recently bought a Nexus 7 as a 7" tablet, and boy, it's a headache to manage because mostly everything is many clicks away, and I want instantaneous management. However, it is the BEST 7" tablet out there! I love it! Especially the Live Wallpapers.

I guess you can say I got too spoiled with my 920 and my Vivo RT in terms of 1-swipe gestures to manage apps and processing. Even apps are very efficient and only takes 1-2 clicks!

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I think so. I love my Lumia 920 and WP8, the only thing I don't like is the quality control Nokia has had with these phones. My first one creaked like anything and now this replacement one is doing it too. I don't mind it that much but I would have liked it if my phone was completely solid. I also thought WP8 would have made more progress by now.

If I didn't have the Lumia 920 now and I were in the market for another phone then I'd be strongly looking at sticking with Android and going with the HTC One. I'd have to get a real good play around with it though as I really disliked Android by the time I was done with my Motorola Atrix before switching to WP8. In the end I think I would still end up with the Lumia 920 but it would be a much tougher decision now than it was when I bought it a couple months ago.

eurovisionacts

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes if it was November. Big plus is this phone is built like a beast. I've dropped it countless times, put it through "phone ****" and all it has are regular microscratches. However, with new phones set to come out in a few months, I probably wouldn't buy it if it was march.

While the camera is a big plus, big drawback is the battery drain and that it runs windows 8. I miss all my "fun" game selections and useful apps. The hardware has been amazing. Wireless charging is something you must experience before putting it down. One of the few plus with windows 8 is the live tile for my schedule, which can be synced via outlook, which is extremely helpful. And the stocks live tile app.

Also, priced at $450 off contract compatible with straight talk and a free wireless charging pad didn't hurt ;)

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Most bias idiotic coment i have read in quite some time i really doubt you ever had a wp8 you are from one of the other camps trolling please go away you brainless ******.

Actually, I've owned a 920 since Late November and had to exchange it due to problems. Current 920 having problems as well. My wife's 920 bought at the same time has also experienced problems.

Your departure from Windows Phone will not be missed, I wish you well with your future endeavours.

http://imgboot.com/images/Richgirlplanet/mjbatnt.gif

Hey sorry if you guys don't care for my opinion regarding this phone, but the OP didn't specify positive posts only. Neither the phone or the OS have met my expectations, so why should I praise them?

Last edited:

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm always surprised that someone can make comments about a device being total garbage and not working and everything just stinks when almost everyone else has NO problems. Is it really the phone? Is it because the user doesn't know what they're doing? I also read on a lot of boards where people complain about "creaking". Are they being OCD? In all of the phones I've owned (many), I have never hear the illusive "creak". Certainly I've had phones that have had problems (they're computers after all) and i've promptly exchanged them, but I've never had a situation where I got 3 or 4 bad ones. What's going on here? I would have to see a lot of people complaining about that before I really took it seriously. Also, how can you possibly say that WP8 gives you nothing more than iPhone with it's row after row of simple, do-nothing icons? Certainly some of the live tiles could use some work in updating properly but I get WAY more out of WP8 than a dull boring iPhone gives me - One glance will tell me if I have any appts today, how man texts and emails I have along with who it's from, updates to social media, weather report, constant scrolling of pictures in my pic library, what audio book I'm currently listening to and many other things. The iPhone, while being a well running device, is nothing if not BORING with its row after row of small tell-me-nothing icons and its over hyped value. It's true worth is probably in the huge number of apps and peripherals it has, NOT in the device itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism