Would you buy your 920 again?

Ntropy99

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
With all of the posted issues with the Lumia 920, would you buy it again?
I am considering eating the remaining contract fee to get the 920. I just simply like the look of WP8 better on the Lumia 920 screen. Because of where the speaker is on the 8X, the screen is lower, or at least in my opinion, which distracts me from the performance of the 8X. The 920 looks more centered.
The Walmart deal for the 920 for me and the 820 for my wife and daughter is very enticing.
So, for those who have the phone, would you buy the phone again?

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I perosnally would. Really like the phone. Had a Htc One X, had multi-taksing issues out of the box, Had a Note 1 was a solid phone but laggy. Had Gs3 ( solid phone just got bored with Android), Had iphone 5 x 2 with chips and dented right out of the box, (black version), Gps was fine for me but lots of people with issues.

My point is almost all these phones seem to have something not mentioned in all the press releases. I think the 920 is a solid phone and will just get better

Darus214

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I wouldnt say this phone has a lot of faults. This is, in all reality, a forum so if someone has a problem they go to a forum for help. Im sure if you look at an iPhone or Android forum, there will be a lot of posts with problems. In the end you have 14 days to decide or if you go past that, you have 1 year warranty for replacements. IMO, I got tired of iOS after 3 generations of iPhones and wp8 seems like a great balance between Android and iOS with the 920 being the top hardware to encase it

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I wouldnt say this phone has a lot of faults. This is, in all reality, a forum so if someone has a problem they go to a forum for help. Im sure if you look at an iPhone or Android forum, there will be a lot of posts with problems. In the end you have 14 days to decide or if you go past that, you have 1 year warranty for replacements. IMO, I got tired of iOS after 3 generations of iPhones and wp8 seems like a great balance between Android and iOS with the 920 being the top hardware to encase it

Exactly. People with problems are far more vocal than people who are satisfied.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. People with problems are far more vocal than people who are satisfied.

Yup. We have people making threads because they have a faulty battery, dust under screen, ECT.. Every phone has this happen. Go to imore, when an iphone releases the same goes on.

I can't stand Nokia and I'm getting a 920. Still trying to decide between black and cyan. Lol

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
No doubt. This phone is probably the best hardware package you can get into a single device. It looks stunning and no, it won't make your arm fall off. lol

Ntropy99

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the trophy, really like it and the OS. The contract cancellation fee for Verizon is $430 for 2 of the lines. Luckily, my third line is off contract. I am having a hard time choosing the 8X on Verizon for 199 plus upgrade fee for a phone with less memory over the 920 which is half the price and double the memory. Except for the cancellation fee, this would be an easy choice based on hardware and software on the surface. My contract comes up for a new phone in Feb and Verizon isn't budging for 10 yr customer. I could use the out of contract line, but want to leave that option open for my daughters phone.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 920 for 3 days now and think it's great. The only issue I've seen is the battery drain, but I think it will improve as I go through a few cycles. It's a top-notch phone.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am incredibly happy with my 920, even though I had to go with one of the worst providers in my opinion. I love the device, haven't had a single random reboot, lost or drop call, or no coverage issue. This phone is simply amazing, it's so fast, one of the best displays I've ever seen, and while some of the aps I wish I had are not available and this is not because of the device but because of the ecosystem. I love how easily it is to integrate my email, calendars, and contact info across my desktops and phone, and once I install the W8 Phone app, update files and photo's.

The only complaints I have are the lack of apps from Comcast, ING, and WellsFargo. Hopefully they will get on the WP8 band wagon and give us aps very soon.

Even though T-Mo is trying to charge me a $50 ETF for 4 days, I'd do it again and again. Hands down, this is the best phone I've ever owned!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3