Battery is officially dying.

EricCantona

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
After 4p my battery died and I was mobile so I waited until I got home to recharge. Unfortunately, the battery would not charge. Well it shows the charging icon but it doesn't charge at all. I was really worried because I have all my data in my phone and did not want to return in that condition.

I then tried charging it with my HTC Titan charger it still did not work.. so last resort was using the iPad charger.. after 30 minutes it showed a sign of life. Pheww...

So that's it.. I'm taking this for an exchange now.. wish me luck so I dont have to deal with this battery annoyances again..

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
After 4p my battery died and I was mobile so I waited until I got home to recharge. Unfortunately, the battery would not charge. Well it shows the charging icon but it doesn't charge at all. I was really worried because I have all my data in my phone and did not want to return in that condition.

I then tried charging it with my HTC Titan charger it still did not work.. so last resort was using the iPad charger.. after 30 minutes it showed a sign of life. Pheww...

So that's it.. I'm taking this for an exchange now.. wish me luck so I dont have to deal with this battery annoyances again..

You've been posting in all of the battery threads. Why did you need to make a separate one?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
This needed a thread? Fact is that everything made with a battery has a % of faulty batteries. There's simply no way around it. The sky is falling threads on this site are mind-blowing. I'm guessing they sold a ton of these devices this weekend and a handful are having issues, that are getting blown out of proportion.

You've been posting in all of the battery threads. Why did you need to make a separate one?

If you can't make a positive contribution to a thread move on to the next one. Some of you are running out of warnings.

OP when these batteries are new letting them discharge to zero can be bad news. Doesn't happen every time but sometimes they won't charge back up. Best to keep a minimum charge on your batter until it has been charged a few times.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Dave's post reminded me of something with my Lumia 900 I noticed I got better life after I did a system reset. In addition it took a while for it to calibrate itself. I do noticed some days it just dies like there is not tomorrow still but those things could help.

EricCantona

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I've been posting in all of the battery threads? If by all you mean 2 of them than yes.

One of the two is a poll and the purpose is simple I want to know the chance of getting a 920 with a good battery. This is something that I normally don't do, but based on that result I decided to purchase an insurance just incase if the battery is failing again.

Also I think it's good for people to know some battery issues can be fixed and some just can't.. like mine. So rather than waiting until it gets close to the 14 days mark and get screwed because they don't have the color you want, you do it early and score yourself a 920 that you want.

EricCantona

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
If you can't make a positive contribution to a thread move on to the next one. Some of you are running out of warnings.

OP when these batteries are new letting them discharge to zero can be bad news. Doesn't happen every time but sometimes they won't charge back up. Best to keep a minimum charge on your batter until it has been charged a few times.

Thanks much Blake. A good tip indeed.

I went to the store but they did not have the white one so they ordered one for me.
I came back, tried to recharge it but this time it did not turn on at all. So I assume it's dead.

Bummer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos