02-06-2014 04:54 PM
- So I am working my way through the 920, before this I had an android, and am getting frustrated with the music player. There is no fast forward or rewind function, only a next and previous track function. This is with the xbox music player but I found the Nokia music player to be the same way. Am I the only one who likes to be able to rewind or fast forward? I have looked at a few other music players in the app store but haven't found one yet.11-12-2012 10:24 PM
- So I am working my way through the 920, before this I had an android, and am getting frustrated with the music player. There is no fast forward or rewind function, only a next and previous track function. This is with the xbox music player but I found the Nokia music player to be the same way. Am I the only one who likes to be able to rewind or fast forward? I have looked at a few other music players in the app store but haven't found one yet.11-12-2012 10:26 PMLike 3
Do people ever try simple things anymore before leaping onto the boards to vent their frustrations? This was mentioned in one other thread before. http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/201964.htm SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE YOU RANT AND RAGE!11-12-2012 10:28 PM
- This x 10.
Do people ever try simple things anymore before leaping onto the boards to vent their frustrations? This was mentioned in one other thread before. http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/201964.htm SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE YOU RANT AND RAGE!
RANT RANT RAGE RAGE!!!!!11-12-2012 10:34 PM
- I overall am displeased with the Xbox music app on both PC and my 920. There's no easy way to add songs to a playlist that Ive found. I have to play the song to get the option to add it to a playlist, among other short comings. I cant wait for the spotify app. Just so much easier to manage my music with their conventional interface. Very disappointed in Xbox Music.11-13-2012 04:52 PM
- Try the Nokia Music app. I am not a 'music on my phone' kind of guy. But a coworker that also got his 920 on Friday swears by the Nokia app. He loves the way you can set up play lists and down load them for off line play. He said that you get a limited amount of skips but that was not a big problem for him.11-13-2012 04:58 PM
- 11-13-2012 06:40 PM
- I'm extremely displeased with Xbox Music compared to Zune. The Zune application was simple to use and simple to manage my content, and it ALWAYS worked.
Now I'm getting sync errors all the time, my dynamic playlists are static, and half my Zune Pass library won't sync because of DRM issues. I had to break down and sync using traditional Windows Media Player instead. At least it mostly works.11-13-2012 07:25 PM
- The music player is seriously making me want to return back to ios6 with the iphone 5. I don't understand why there isn't basic functionality like search, dedicated music icon from your homescreen, or even tracking?????
also, why does the phone's search button not search for things on your phone is beyond me.11-13-2012 11:55 PM
- There is NO Fast forward functionally on windows phone 8 when playing files from an SD card. Period. It does NOT work. Nokia tech support told me this quite politely. I've tried several music players and none of them will do it. The functionality is blocked by the device itself for some asinine reason. It makes having expandable memory pointless.11-16-2012 04:18 PM
- So I need some help. I have been a long time Zune user. My wife was the first to get a Wp7 device. I was holding out for Wp8 which I now have with the Lumia 920. Zune/Xbox Music allows for the use of multiple phones under one account. How do we keep the devices on the account, but content of phones seperate? Upon entering my Windows Live ID into my brand new Lumia all my wifes contacts loaded onto my phone, as well as her music. I spent a good portion of the night removing this data. I did shut the cloud feature on my 920 off. Upon removal of the contacts, my wife informed me they disappeared off her phone aswell. So, how do we enjoy the Music pass and all Wp has to offer avoiding the syncing of info on our seperate devices throught the one Windows Live account? Any help would be appreciated.
Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote11-16-2012 07:41 PM
- The nokia music app you cannot fast forward songs (at least i couldn't find a way).. the biggest gripe with the awful players is backing out to the artist menu. I go to artists, find a band, click an album and listen.. there is no easy way to get back to the artist list without hitting the back button like 6 times.. it's just bad.11-16-2012 08:42 PM
- the lack of a properly functioning music app is shameful for nokia. Sure it has ffw and rew but it feels like it is from the early 90's trying to use a walkman where you have to press the button and hold it until you get to the position in the song where you want to start listening. where is the tracker? where the progress bar that is interactive? where are the music shortcuts - maybe the live tile could be interactive and have play / pause / tracker etc? instead of going through the main menu -> music -> banner -> then press and hold the ffw button?
fail nokia / wp 8... and for these two companies this functionality should have come naturally, as they pioneered much of this during its invention.This x 10.
Do people ever try simple things anymore before leaping onto the boards to vent their frustrations? This was mentioned in one other thread before. http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/201964.htm SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE YOU RANT AND RAGE!01-26-2013 08:08 PM
- There are only 6 basic functions required for a music player. Start, stop, next, previous, fast forward and rewind. The last two apparently only work on the lock screen and then you have no idea where in the song you are.
My first mono cassette player in 1982 was better than that.
Why is it so hard on a modern smart phone?
If you 're looking to sell lots of phones, and particularly to the younger buyer, having a crap music player might be seen as counter productive.02-14-2013 03:44 PM
- I have no frustration - just happy with Nokia Music ... never use fast fast forward and rewind ... a simple guy like me is just happy to open a music player by 3 click (power - volume down - play and to change volume, if needed) and to continue lissening - start, stop, next, previous is just enought ... I do not skip songs often ... well, playlists can be done and edited, radio mix is just great and I feel it is easy to find any artist, song or playlist (by letter search), some I like to lissen (I have 1500 songs and few playlists) ... but I agree that there could a search button too, but I do not feel that it makes it really faster, just more like 1 option more - maybe they will add search later with other functionalities ... :)
Last edited by Jaripi; 02-14-2013 at 04:28 PM.02-14-2013 04:08 PM
- There are apps that do music search: "Instant Music Search"
Instant Music Search | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)05-11-2013 07:23 PM
- Jeezzzz....think before you say anything more ppl. All frustrated at Nokia while the only culprit is the OS !
It is the platform that limits Nokia and any other dev. that wants to make an app...Nokia currently can't do much about it aswel.
The platform is way too limited and closed down, and unless MS changes that soon, the platform is doomed for smartphones imo, cause there is not much smart about it.
Apple is also restricted on some levels, but at least they opened up the features that matter, and perfected them.
They also have had a major head-start in getting iOS to where it is.
So MS either cracks open those API's for devs. or they will never get to the level of iOS.02-04-2014 08:49 PM
- The music player is absolutely shocking for a smartphone. One,instance to illustrate my point
A colleague at work bought in some portable speakers then using here ****ty 3 year old mid range Android phone made a playlist to which she edited with ease! I was jealous for me to even come close emulating what she had done on her crap and I do mean crap old stock android I would need a computer at least an hour of my time and lots of patience. Even then once the playlist was done I would not be able to edit the chuff! Ridiculous state of affairs bloody ridiculous.
Every phone I have owned from 2008 has allowed me to create and edit playlists using my phone and the music on it. And noone has come up with a convincing reason why I can,t on my 92002-05-2014 02:29 AM
Last edited by dorelse; 02-07-2014 at 01:13 PM.02-06-2014 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD