Website for Free Charging Pad

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Isn't there a website to go to for the free pads? I ordered mine via phone since my grandfathered data plan seems to be impossible to move via store or website (as it has been every other time I have ever upgraded.....they really do not excel in user friendliness). They swore up and down that they do not have access to the deal...even though it's being done EVERYWHERE...especially even though..they ARE AT&T...*shrug*

Isn't there a nokia website to go to and request it if you didn't get it in your order?

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it's only through AT&T. There was some issue in store when I ordered. Three different people helped me. One person didn't even know about the deal, the second person knew about it but didn't know how to do it, and the third person made it work (ended up charging me for the pad, but then took the cost of the pad off the price of the phone).

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure what your asking. My free charging pad came in today because I pre-ordered my 920 last Wednesday. I don't know if websites that are giving them away.

Johnnycat13

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I hope not. Otherwise us Canadians are once again getting the short end of the stick. Only black available, have to sign a three year contract and no free anything. :( Thanks Rogers...

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I hope not. Otherwise us Canadians are once again getting the short end of the stick. Only black available, have to sign a three year contract and no free anything. :( Thanks Rogers...

Exactly my thoughts when I called Nokia to inquire about this. I paid full-price for the phone and got nothing with it.

They said there is no promotion for Canada and the website is for UK customers.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Isn't there a website to go to for the free pads? I ordered mine via phone since my grandfathered data plan seems to be impossible to move via store or website (as it has been every other time I have ever upgraded.....they really do not excel in user friendliness). They swore up and down that they do not have access to the deal...even though it's being done EVERYWHERE...especially even though..they ARE AT&T...*shrug*

Isn't there a nokia website to go to and request it if you didn't get it in your order?

See the last few posts in this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/202296.htm

It does appear to be UK only.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind! I took the receipt to the store and said "This is bull*** heh, I come to you...you say I'm too old of a plan and have to do it by phone, I do it by phone and they say they don't have any access to or literature about the charging pad...so I ordered it now I come BACK to you....give me my pad >_<" (I was actually nice about it and just sarcastic with the complaint but quite serious at the same time...so I let them know I was determined, while also making sure they knew I wasn't there to go off on a rampage...and rather be their friend)

And they ordered it :) Thanks AT&T

ItsVictorB

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Nevermind! I took the receipt to the store and said "This is bull*** heh, I come to you...you say I'm too old of a plan and have to do it by phone, I do it by phone and they say they don't have any access to or literature about the charging pad...so I ordered it now I come BACK to you....give me my pad >_<" (I was actually nice about it and just sarcastic with the complaint but quite serious at the same time...so I let them know I was determined, while also making sure they knew I wasn't there to go off on a rampage...and rather be their friend)

And they ordered it :) Thanks AT&T

Did you get a confirmation e-mail?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow, you folks must all go to the wrong AT&T store.

I went to get my 920 last Friday, the dude who helped me was awesome. First, he offered to trade-in my iPhone 4 and gave me $131 credit* for it. Then he was like, "I take it you want to keep your unlimited data plan, right?" and just moved it over. Finally he said, "and you get this free charging plate but we don't have any right now; here's my card, call me back in a few days and I'll let you know what's going on." Then, later that night, he called me and told me that he was just going to order it for me. He verified my shipping address and about an hour later I got an order confirmation from AT&T.

It was... an awesome experience.

(Earlier that day I'd sold a Google Nexus 7 tablet to get the 920; so I walked out of AT&T with a brand new 920, a car charger, and $100 cash in my pocket. It was a good day. :D )

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow, you folks must all go to the wrong AT&T store.

I went to get my 920 last Friday, the dude who helped me was awesome. First, he offered to trade-in my iPhone 4 and gave me $131 credit* for it. Then he was like, "I take it you want to keep your unlimited data plan, right?" and just moved it over. Finally he said, "and you get this free charging plate but we don't have any right now; here's my card, call me back in a few days and I'll let you know what's going on." Then, later that night, he called me and told me that he was just going to order it for me. He verified my shipping address and about an hour later I got an order confirmation from AT&T.

It was... an awesome experience.

(Earlier that day I'd sold a Google Nexus 7 tablet to get the 920; so I walked out of AT&T with a brand new 920, a car charger, and $100 cash in my pocket. It was a good day. :D )

Please tell me you contacted that guy's manager and gave him the most awesome positive feedback ever. :)

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
speaking of this wireless charger, has anyone tried to use the wireless charger while having your phone plugged into the wall or usb port? just got my charger in mail today and thought this might charge faster but at the same time i'm wondering if it would cause battery damage.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
speaking of this wireless charger, has anyone tried to use the wireless charger while having your phone plugged into the wall or usb port? just got my charger in mail today and thought this might charge faster but at the same time i'm wondering if it would cause battery damage.

I came to the forums to make a post asking just that. I was like...double charge or dead battery?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3