Post if you have NO vibration rattle

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think that it is just OK (even that vibration melody is not the greatest one) ... this vibration is done to be strong enough, so you can feel it in your pocket, even when you can not hear phone ringing ... there is some phones on the market with very low vibration - it is just a joke to have a such weak vibration that you can not feel, when you are in a mall or in disco, or other such loud places ...

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
it definitely sounds a little different than other phones, but definitely no "omg my phone is falling apart" type of rattling

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I have the rattle... my vibration just sounds like a much stronger vibration than any other phone I have had. But it doesn't rattle, it buzzes. I quite like it. I can actually feel the dang thing in my pants pocket now. I usually miss alerts when I have my phones in my pocket and it's on vibrate only because I cannot feel them.

Ditto. Its one **** of a vibration...

pike1783

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree the vibration is semi "violent" compared to any past phone I've owned but I'm actually enjoying it since I seem to leave my phone on vibrate and never use to hear it go off. Also in reference to is this design or defect, I read on another site that the rattle everyone seems to be mentioning might be caused by the camera's floating lens. No idea if true or not, but a possible explanation.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
The vibrate is a bit louder than any phone I've had. I'll give it a day before deciding if I'm exchanging it.

Wish more folks would post videos, those who have and don't have an issue.

danyl27

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I made this video to hopefully prove that this Rattling is a defect!
Please don't let At&t work another one over on you I took mine back and got a perfect phone you should do the same. I love my 920!

Update: My new phone isn't perfect its letting dust get in under the glass. Got some inside the front facing camera, If I don't do something quick dust will be in front of the proximity sensor and the phone will be unusable.

Last edited:

Sahkolihaa

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I do get a rattle but I've always thought it was the camera lens so it wasn't a big deal. Nothing is damaged as far as I'm aware. It only rattles on larger vibrations - pressing the touch buttons does not cause a rattle.

Calydus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So i was at Rogers downtown (Montreal) This morning... The guy was rude but we got to open to other phones that were phone batch 46/2013, mine is 45/2012. They ALLLLL rattled. So obviously I didn't got an exchange.

I'm waiting on news from Nokia a tech is suppose to call me back.

hypercool

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
You fools, there is a defect here, and like what other said, it varies from each phone. Here's the link of the evident rattle issue. I to0 have the rattle issue. If you want to check how bad the rattle vibration your phone makes download the app caled "vibeMassage free" and let me know if you have a solid vibration or more of like a can being vibrated on inside the phone.

First Video:
[video]https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=3e33bf4175745fbe&id=3E33BF4175745FBE!369&sff=1[/video]

Second Video:

Here's the link from nokia discussion forum: And tell me what you guys think.
Re: Lumia 920 Vibration rattle??? - Page 5 - Nokia Support Discussions

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I learned to love an unique rattle vibration of my red Lumia 920 ... yeah, all works well 3 months now, even floating lenses did not sink yet ...

HIllste1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
From my limited experience I've noticed it varies by color. The Nokia repair manual states that the fit of the case will vary significantly by color. It was a struggle removing the case on my white 920 but from watching YouTube videos other cases come off easily

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs