Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Vibration Rattle?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 50.54%
  • No

46 49.46%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

So we can get an idea if this is a common problem or not, please post if you DO or DO NOT have the vibration rattle many of us are reporting on our 920s.
    Thanked by:
    Kinno 

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah P View Post
    So we can get an idea if this is a common problem or not, please post if you DO or DO NOT have the vibration rattle many of us are reporting on our 920s.
    Is it "yes, you have rattle" or "yes, you don't have rattle"? I'm only asking because of the post title.

I think the answer is subjective. Mine has a rattle, but I don't know if it's 'the' rattle that everyone is talking about.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

i assume is the one people are referring to.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uscdigital View Post

i assume is the one people are referring to.
    I really dont understand the problem in here.
    muddtt likes this.

For me it depends on what type of vibrate it is. Some make the rattle others don't. I'm assuming its the OIS system rattling around.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    The vibration in the Youtube Video is how my Lumia vibrates. I figure that's how it's supposed to sound.

Edit: Okay, listening to that video again, mine doesn't sound that harsh.
    Last edited by InnocuousScreenname; 11-13-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    Mine is much quieter than the one in the YouTube video. It sounds a little different than my iPhone 4 but not much.

All phones have different vibrations but my wife's 920 sounds like a normal vibration and it also depends what your phone is laying on, glass, metal, wood, etc. This is too funny. Can't believe someone is complaining. I could understand if it sounded like a garbage truck passing by but this is funny.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by texantony View Post
    All phones have different vibrations but my wife's 920 sounds like a normal vibration and it also depends what your phone is laying on, glass, metal, wood, etc. This is too funny. Can't believe someone is complaining. I could understand if it sounded like a garbage truck passing by but this is funny.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    The surface it's on is not the issue. Mine sounds like the SIM card or something else is loose and flopping around every time it vibrates. In fact, I just pulled out the SIM tray, and my micro SIM is loose in its cradle. I think it's too big for the micro SIMs.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    After changing to a White one that came to the store today in a new shipment, no rattle, previous 2 black ones did
    I don't think I have the rattle... my vibration just sounds like a much stronger vibration than any other phone I have had. But it doesn't rattle, it buzzes. I quite like it. I can actually feel the dang thing in my pants pocket now. I usually miss alerts when I have my phones in my pocket and it's on vibrate only because I cannot feel them.
    I truly believe that the phone has a very powerful motor in it....way stronger than the iphone ever had. I personally love it.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Ugh, I don't want this:

Is this really what it sounds like?

Global Posts
    4,452 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Mines fine!
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Can we say major OCD?

Jessica

Change my vote from no rattle to rattle. Also, why the f-ck does my lock button randomly stop working?

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    No rattle. My 900 has a rattle the 920 is much better.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Those who claim to not have the rattle..can you post a video showing your vibration?
    The first black one I had did have the rattle... it also had the defect of the top plastic raised a tad so it made a popping sound if you pushed down on it. It had amazing battery so I was reluctant to return it, but finally did.

I'm on my second black 920 now. No rattle. No popping. great battery. Flawless.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    How did you test the vibrating function in store?

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    If so many people claim to have no rattle, you'd think there'd be a YouTube video proving it by now...

I think that it is just OK (even that vibration melody is not the greatest one) ... this vibration is done to be strong enough, so you can feel it in your pocket, even when you can not hear phone ringing ... there is some phones on the market with very low vibration - it is just a joke to have a such weak vibration that you can not feel, when you are in a mall or in disco, or other such loud places ...
    Thanked by:
    timd28 

My 920 is fine.
    Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I have no vibration rattle, i have got one from Europe Batch.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast