Scratched glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The L920 has Gorilla Glass, doesn't it?

My wife mentioned that she has some light, tiny scratches on her screen. I thought that was ridiculous, but there did appear to be some light scratches.

I thought it was just something on her screen, so I tried to scratch it off with my dull fingernail. Well, that left a little scratch.

Thing is, I didn't scratch hard. But trying to wipe it off with a glass cleaning cloth doesn't work. It's still there.

Glass is hard. It's ridiculous thinking that I scratched glass with my fingernail. It actually felt like there might be some sort of thin waxy film on there.

Does anyone know if there is a filmy, perfectly clear layer on the glass?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Return it, You can't scratch gorilla glass with a dull fingernail.

My wife had a Nokia N8 and now she has a Nokia 808, She stuffs it in her purse with keys, mirrors... etc... and they have never scratched the screen.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... might have been there from the factory. Swap it out.

I suppose it's possible that it was already there. It's so light that my wife doesn't want to exchange it. She already set it up the way she likes it, and it's a beautiful red. And red appears to be in short supply right now.

I will say that at my local AT&T store they had two Lumia 920s on display, and both had a pretty noticeable scratch going across the middle of their screens. Not like the scratch on my wife's phone. Significantly deeper, and sharp.

The employees there hate WP, so it was no surprise that they used those as their display models.

F2a

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
You can scratch gorilla glass, it's not the super glass everyone thinks it is. I've scratched many a gorilla glass product. It's the small particles like sand that will end up scratching it, not stuff like keys.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
You can scratch gorilla glass, it's not the super glass everyone thinks it is. I've scratched many a gorilla glass product. It's the small particles like sand that will end up scratching it, not stuff like keys.

Yes you can scratch it, but you can't scratch it with a dull fingernail like the op noted.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3