Plastic build quality seems poor on top of screen?

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 920 does this too, how do you exchange your phone phone if you bought it online from att? Can you just go to the store ir do you need a certain reason.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
No reason to exchange for this "issue". I got two white ones yesterday and both did this. I pushed really hard and it went away. What it felt like to me was some sort of glue or sticky tape that was not holding the part together. After my firm press and 10 second hold, neither phone has this problem now.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
how hard are you guys pushing down on this poor little phone???

although i don't believe the build quality of the 920 is at the level of iphone, it seems to come at a close 2nd. it feels sturdy and mine hasn't been creaking or popping.

jjmc2001

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
MIne has a slight soft spot as described between the headphone jack and the right side. I am not too worried about it but it is annnoying. I am not going to return it because I don't want the hassle of setting up my phone again.

dudedud

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow you guys seem to have an easy time with exchanges, Rogers doesn't want to exchange my phone for "cosmetic" defects because they say it doesn't affect the operation of the phone.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I had the small give on the top of my phone and that went away. Yesterday I picked up my phone, thumb at the bottom (speakers) and fingers at the top (headphone jack) and the entire top fo the phone clicked and gave in a bit. I love my phone but man, between this and the battery issues and the heat on the back, this sorta sucks.

Now the entire top plastic part of the phone clicks and gives if I press on it. You can actually see it moving when I press on it. Granted, I will try not to pick it up like that anymore. Hopefully I will just forget about it.

tkuhe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I had the small give on the top of my phone and that went away. Yesterday I picked up my phone, thumb at the bottom (speakers) and fingers at the top (headphone jack) and the entire top fo the phone clicked and gave in a bit. I love my phone but man, between this and the battery issues and the heat on the back, this sorta sucks.

Now the entire top plastic part of the phone clicks and gives if I press on it. You can actually see it moving when I press on it. Granted, I will try not to pick it up like that anymore. Hopefully I will just forget about it.

Same experience as I have. My new one has been ordered through warranty service. I am thinking about opening it at an ATT store and checking it out thoroughly before bringing it home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99