Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By LongLeggs
  • 1 Post By ncxcstud
  • 2 Post By gsquared
  1. eak1570's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have a matt black one and I like it a lot but yesterday I went to At&T to get the headphone I saw the white on the display..look very nice...make me think to return the black one($35 restocking fee) but I read some comment about scratch issues on the white..anyone who got the white one..what do u think?
  2. Iamdunne's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #2  
    I already said this on another thread but I bought the glossy white because the matte looked like it shows oil from hands on display. The red was available but I thought I might get tired of that color, who gets tired of white? Well not me at least!;). I do use a bumper and left the back sticker on the back for the moment (that displays where the features are located) until I get a matte covering for the back of the phone (since the bumper doesn't protect it). Just my 2 cents, color choice is so individual.
  3. LongLeggs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #3  
    Here's an idea, do what you want instead of asking strangers on the internet what choices you should make.

    Jessica
    Thanked by:
  4. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    #4  
    I faced this dilemma myself. I went with the glossy white, which I never would have guessed I would do because I generally don't like glossy stuff. In the end, the reason I went with it is that I found I could actually get a better grip on the glossy, which surprised me. The surface of it sticks to the hand better, as long as you have even a tiny bit of humidity in your hand, which most people do. The only time I'm see the matte be easier to grips is if your hands are very very dry, like say it's winter and your hands are cold and you have dry skin and the phone has zero skin oils on it. In that case, it'll be slippery. In every other case, it fits in your hand and sticks like a glove.

    I chose the white because the fine scratches which will eventually come will be almost invisible on a white phone.

    Either way I don't think you can go wrong though, these are very durable phones. The main reason I went with glossy is that I don't want to use a case and the glossy is easier to grip without slipping out of my hand.
  5. eallan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    #5  
    I currently have a glossy white and a matte cyan. My preorder finally arrived like 3 days after I picked one up in store (pathetic AT&T.)

    I'm trying to decide which to keep. I've fallen for the White one with light background and orange accents, I just don't think the cyan matches as many color schemes, as much as I love the cyan itself.

    I'm lost too.
  6. ncxcstud's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,021 Posts
    #6  
    I chose glossy white over a matte for a few reasons, but most importantly because I have a two year old (and one on the way) that loves to play with our devices. She usually has grubby little hands at times and my thinking is that the glossy white will be much easier to clean than the matte body... So far so good.
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

    giffis likes this.
  7. gsquared's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,375 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,376 Global Posts
    #7  
    StormTrooper FTW!
  8. Iamdunne's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by LongLeggs View Post
    Here's an idea, do what you want instead of asking strangers on the internet what choices you should make.

    Jessica
    That was helpful. People are going to do what they want obviously, but the person was looking for an opinion, which is what these forums are about.
  9. KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    #9  
    What you want, only you can know.
  10. misterRafter's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    #10  
    Ive held both white and black L920s in the P4U shop and the black matte is way better IMO, a slick device.

    Dont want to sound daft but the white looks bulkier. Maybe its a trick of the colors.

    Originally i was hoping to get hold of a yellow one but when i held the black matte L920 there was no way i was walking out of the shop without it. LOVE the black
  11. mlm1950's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    479 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #11  
    I'm tired of black phones, so between the two, I would get the white, though personally I will be getting cyan or yellow.
  12. eastbayrae's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    319 Posts
    Global Posts
    619 Global Posts
    #12  
    How often do you look at the back of your phone? Finger prints and minor scratches are a non-issue for me.
    When all else fails empty the magazine...
  13. misterRafter's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlm1950 View Post
    I'm tired of black phones, so between the two, I would get the white, though personally I will be getting cyan or yellow.
    i was never going to get the white coz my old L900 was white. Needed a change
  14. Beltelmel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #14  
    It was a hard decision for me too, but when I actually got to see them side by side, I immediately knew that white was for me. Truth be told all my past cells have been black so I also wanted to change it up a bit. The glossy white is really nice and looks awesome! Some on here have nicknamed it "stormtrooper" and I think that is a pretty accurate description.
    Fingerprints are not as obvious because of the white color.
    I have been pretty lucky so far in that I've had no issues (other than bluetooth not connecting to my iphone4). I used it continuously for eight hours last night. I was playing Nokia Music, browsing internet, downloading apps, and manually entering almost two hundred contacts (:sleep:). The phone never got hot and never froze. When i charged it using the AC cord it took a full 100% charge from 17% in just a little over two hours. Put it down when I went to bed and when I woke up this morning it still had 100%. I only point this out this because I think someone on these forums may have mentioned losing battery reserve while not using the phone.
    My vibrate sounds just fine. It's not loud like the one posted in a video on this forum.
    I have also shaken the phone and can hear no thud. The only sound I hear is a very faint click coming the area of the camera and that's only when I place my ear near it.

    Hopefully those issue won't surface in the future (knock on wood). Right now this is definitely a keeper. :)

    Getting back to your question about color it really is a personal decision. If you have the opportunity to see them in person I would highly recommend doing so. Either way i don't think you can make a bad decision. It is a great phone.
  15. eak1570's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltelmel View Post
    It was a hard decision for me too, but when I actually got to see them side by side, I immediately knew that white was for me. Truth be told all my past cells have been black so I also wanted to change it up a bit. The glossy white is really nice and looks awesome! Some on here have nicknamed it "stormtrooper" and I think that is a pretty accurate description.
    Fingerprints are not as obvious because of the white color.
    I have been pretty lucky so far in that I've had no issues (other than bluetooth not connecting to my iphone4). I used it continuously for eight hours last night. I was playing Nokia Music, browsing internet, downloading apps, and manually entering almost two hundred contacts (:sleep:). The phone never got hot and never froze. When i charged it using the AC cord it took a full 100% charge from 17% in just a little over two hours. Put it down when I went to bed and when I woke up this morning it still had 100%. I only point this out this because I think someone on these forums may have mentioned losing battery reserve while not using the phone.
    My vibrate sounds just fine. It's not loud like the one posted in a video on this forum.
    I have also shaken the phone and can hear no thud. The only sound I hear is a very faint click coming the area of the camera and that's only when I place my ear near it.

    Hopefully those issue won't surface in the future (knock on wood). Right now this is definitely a keeper. :)

    Getting back to your question about color it really is a personal decision. If you have the opportunity to see them in person I would highly recommend doing so. Either way i don't think you can make a bad decision. It is a great phone.
    Finally decide to stay with my matt black..its look very classy for me..other colors are nice too..hope to see the yellow one in store sometime soon..thanks all guys..very nice phone love my Lumia..;)
  16. philxor's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    280 Posts
    #16  
    I have the matte black and it doesn't show fingerprints at all. I've handled the phone enough at this point I'm sure something would have been left behind from my handling of it but there isn't anything.

    In contrast the case for my IP4 always shows smudges and fingerprints.
  17. Circ3's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #17  
    I chose white because it looks beautifully sharp with dark background and the white text when navigating through the phone. I've had so many people ask me about my L920 and compliment on how good it looks. I like the comparison someone made on one of the other forums when they said the white reminded them of the white female robot from Wall-e, Eva. I'm a chick so I prefer the more feminine Eva reference than Stormtrooper :) but white is a more feminine choice of electronics, worked at Geek Squad for a few years, and we all noticed how all the white electronics people brought in always belonged to girls.
  18. #18  
    I wanted to check out the red, but since AT&T wasn't going to have it for AT LEAST 3 days, I went with the black. In my opinion, not phone color is worth a $35 restocking fee, so I'm sticking with what I have, though red WOULD be nice to have...

Posting Permissions