In Store Free Charging Plate

garbanian

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
When I bought my phone at an att store near me, I was given the free charging plate and was told it would be shipped out to my address. Anyone else have this, any way to find out when they'll be shipped?

Jonah P

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
This is how AT&T is handling the wireless charging plates as they are not available in story yet. Mine just shipped today (I got mine on Saturday) and I am expected to get it tomorrow!

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
My agent 'messed' up in the store and didn't add it in to the initial transaction for the 920. But, she was able to do a 'refund' type thing for it. This way I get a white charging plate and don't have to 'settle' for just the black plate.

I was under the impression that the free pad is the black one 99% of the time...

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I ordered in store and I don't think the associate knew to add it to the order. ATT online rep said it would be automatically sent to me. I went back to the store when the phone came in to have it set up and the same associate said I could get one at the store when they had them. No idea how I will get one and when.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm dealing with this now as well. I picked one up in store and told it would be shipped to me. Nothing on my receipt, customer care knows nothing of it, says to contact the store and the store says they can't provide me with any confirmation for it, but "it's being shipped to you."

johng335

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
You should have received an email with your order info. You can check status via this email. I got a separate receipt with the info when I left the store.

eriengel

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I received my free charge plate today in the mail. When I made the order I also got an email, which almost immediately gave me a tracking number. All these terrible stories I have heard about getting this phone, and I didn't have any (first store I went to was not going to have any blacks by the time they got to me, drove 2nd store got the phone, person who sold me was knowledgeable about the phone and even had a 900 of his own)

ItsVictorB

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem and I also bought mine in the store. I was told they would ship it to me. It's not listed on my receipt, and I never got an e-mail confirmation. I bought the phone on launch day, FYI.

For those of us not getting confirmation e-mails, I'm pretty sure they screwed up our orders. People that got their phones also on launch day received their notifications immediately or are receiving their charger today.

Depatter

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Free Charger on No Contract Phone

I bought mine online with the no contract pricing and received it on launch day. The charger was not listed on my receipt or mentioned anywhere. I was under the impression that the free charger was only for customers who bought the phone with a new 2 year activation. Today I received the following email;

Thank you for your recent purchase from AT&T Cell Phones, U-verse, Digital TV, DSL Internet, and Phone Service.

As you may have heard, for a limited time AT&T is running a promotion for a free Nokia Black Wireless Charging Plate with orders of the Nokia Lumia 920. The charging plate should have been shown as included when you placed your order.

The charging plate accessory will be shipped in a separate order at no charge.

We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
The AT&T Customer Care Team

Calnor

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Got my phone in store on friday. The agent that was helping me had no idea about the deal. I had to tell him that the deal was mentioned on a card next to the phone and its pricing. I looked had no idea what to do, went to the back, told me they could only get me a blue one red one. I opted for red, but i really want a black one. Will call AT&T to have them change it. I believe that it was only black ones they were giving away until this incident.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I got my phone Friday, and my charger showed up via USPS maybe an hour ago. I got an e-mail with a USPS tracking number, and they shipped it straight to my house. When I got the phone, the guy said they have to do it as 2 transactions, and they gave me the phone for $50 and the charger for $50, rather than the phone for $100 and the charger for free. It was no hassle (minus signing the stupid AT&T iPad twice).

ItsVictorB

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I got my phone Friday, and my charger showed up via USPS maybe an hour ago. I got an e-mail with a USPS tracking number, and they shipped it straight to my house. When I got the phone, the guy said they have to do it as 2 transactions, and they gave me the phone for $50 and the charger for $50, rather than the phone for $100 and the charger for free. It was no hassle (minus signing the stupid AT&T iPad twice).

Ugh, that makes me mad. The managers should be training the employees for stuff like this for launch day. I feel bad for Nokia and Microsoft because even if they have a great product, the guys doing the sales don't even know how to promote the product.

I wonder what the situation is with those of us who haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail. Did they just screw up our order or did they just not actually do the fulfillment?

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, that makes me mad. The managers should be training the employees for stuff like this for launch day. I feel bad for Nokia and Microsoft because even if they have a great product, the guys doing the sales don't even know how to promote the product.

I wonder what the situation is with those of us who haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail. Did they just screw up our order or did they just not actually do the fulfillment?

It's my understanding that if you did not receive an email... they didn't order your plate. I stopped at a store local to me tonight and the woman apologized to me for the lack of knowledge and service at the store I got my phone from and instead of ordering me one wireless charging plate, she ordered me two, free of charge.

About an hour after leaving the store I received an email confirming my in-store direct fulfillment order.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine online with the no contract pricing and received it on launch day. The charger was not listed on my receipt or mentioned anywhere. I was under the impression that the free charger was only for customers who bought the phone with a new 2 year activation. Today I received the following email;

Thank you for your recent purchase from AT&T Cell Phones, U-verse, Digital TV, DSL Internet, and Phone Service.

As you may have heard, for a limited time AT&T is running a promotion for a free Nokia Black Wireless Charging Plate with orders of the Nokia Lumia 920. The charging plate should have been shown as included when you placed your order.

The charging plate accessory will be shipped in a separate order at no charge.

We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
The AT&T Customer Care Team

I received the same email today.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, it's really bad. When I went in, everyone was wearing Windows 8 shirts. The guy helping me is a guy I had a class with last semester, and he recognized me. We were chatting a bit, and he was like "do you need me to show you anything on this? You probably know more than I do." In all fairness, I did, but he told me that they don't train them on them, really. Before release, they're not allowed to play with them at all or anything, so they never get REALLY familiarized with the interface.

It's really obnoxious to think that they're dressing employees in Windows 8 (NOT Windows Phone 8, I guess the only Windows 8 product they have is the Ativ Tab) shirts like they know stuff, then they're not even letting them learn things.

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought my phone in store on Friday and had them ship my plate to the store near my office.

Yesterday I went in to pick it up after getting my email that it had arrive (shipping email came on Saturday).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss