People with battery issues, do you live in an LTE area?

nico002

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Boston, LTE everywhere 24/7.

I've only use my phone today to check a couple of emails and send a couple of texts. I'm sitting at 49% battery and have an estimated 3 hours left.

Wifi is off, gps is on. Only app that is running int he background is microsoft weather.

All other apps are closed, I have skype installed.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Go to background tasks, kill all you don't need. If you don't need GPS switch it off, make sure that you did not install the MS account as email account as well under email accounts.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a LTE area (Houston). Only battery problem I had was yesterday, I played a bit of Angry Birds Star Wars and quit after a few minutes because the phone got too hot. Lost ~30% charge while playing, and even after I exited the game it continued losing about 2% charge per minute until it shut itself off.

Today it seems fine, but I really don't think the battery meter is very accurate. After 4 hrs of normal use (5 email accounts) it says 98% charge left, which seems extremely unlikely to me. Hopefully SP1 will resolve this.

Edit: I have Battery Level and Weather running in the background.

Last edited:

nico002

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Go to background tasks, kill all you don't need. If you don't need GPS switch it off, make sure that you did not install the MS account as email account as well under email accounts.

The only background task I have running is weather. GPS should't drain the battery this quickly..

LazyLemming

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The only background task I have running is weather. GPS should't drain the battery this quickly..

This may sound redundant, but is the Nokia drive app specifically blocked though? If not, specifically block Nokia Drive.

I'm not in LTE areas at all, yesterday my phone couldn't make it past lunch. Told the phone to block Nokia Drive and now today my phone has been unplugged for 3.5 hours, 4 push accounts running and about 15-20 minutes of calling and still 93% battery left.

It's been the same for lots of others, Drive is a sneaky app :)

tronious

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I had battery problems until I did the following:

1. BLOCK NOKIA DRIVE <- no idea if this really had anythign to do with it but everyone claims it doesn.

2. 3 nights of solid full on charging. <- I think this is what did it.

3. 1 Hard reset for the **** of it.

These three things changed my phone's battery consumption completely. Fully charged the phone yesterday morning. Took video, took pics, play some games and in the morning I woke up to 33% remaining.

Took about 3 hours to fully charge via USB here at work.

I think the key though is just giving it a bunch of full charges and not f'ing with it too much for the first few days.

No proof of that last sentence...just a hunch

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I'm in Boston, LTE everywhere 24/7.

I've only use my phone today to check a couple of emails and send a couple of texts. I'm sitting at 49% battery and have an estimated 3 hours left.

Wifi is off, gps is on. Only app that is running int he background is microsoft weather.

All other apps are closed, I have skype installed.

I'm in Cambridge, right down the road, LTE everywhere as well. I listened to a podcast for 45 minutes on the walk in to work this morning, and have sent and received probably 25-30 emails, 5 texts, and a short phone call, and I'm at 84% battery, after 4 hours. I do have Skype installed, and Wifi, Bluetooth, and GPS are on, though Wifi and Bluetooth are not connected to anything.

Definitely better battery life than my Lumia 900.

nico002

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Cambridge, right down the road, LTE everywhere as well. I listened to a podcast for 45 minutes on the walk in to work this morning, and have sent and received probably 25-30 emails, 5 texts, and a short phone call, and I'm at 84% battery, after 4 hours. I do have Skype installed, and Wifi, Bluetooth, and GPS are on, though Wifi and Bluetooth are not connected to anything.

Definitely better battery life than my Lumia 900.

What are your email notification settings, do you have any background tasks activated (ie. a weather app).

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Today it seems fine, but I really don't think the battery meter is very accurate.

Edit: I have Battery Level and Weather running in the background.

My battery "seemed" to be doing really weird things (for example, from 70% to 40% during a one hour jog)--until I ran the battery down to zero and did a full recharge. Now, much, much (much) better. No worries about running out in one day...

In the backround I have:
Battery Level
BBC News
Bloomberg News
CNN
My Stocks
Nokia Driver Beta
USA Today
Weather Channel
NY Times

Plus, I am updating three email accounts in real time...

en0x#AC

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue
disabling Nokia Drive Beta from background apps fixed my battery issue

i live in boston with lte on bluetooth etc and i had some texts, skype messages emails etc and right now i'm at 86%. I unplugged the phone at 7am

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
How do you block Nokia Drive?

I know it's running because every time I get on the freeway it starts "ding, ding, ding" at me. I found a speed notification that was turned on and turned off, but still need to block the app.

My daughter and I are both in Houston (LTE) and both having battery issues.

I agree the battery meter doesn't see accurate. I used mobile hot spot for 45 minutes this morning on the bus and when I got to work it said 98%. On the iPhone I would have lost 30%. But by noon it was down to 25% with very little use. Charging now.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't have lte here where I live but had real Batt. Issues with my 920 like most people, was only getting 4-5 hours with light usage, on a full charge the batt. meter would say 8 hours left, never saw it any higher than 8 hours, BUT, I have had the phone for four days now and have left it on the charger over night each night, this am when I checked it it said 2 days and 4 hours, and it seems to be much MUCH better today, I took it off charger at 6 am this morning and its now 2:30 and its down to 83% and says 1 day and 18 hours, its the first day I've had the phone and not had to charge it 4 or 5 times by now, so I guess there is something to everyone saying give it some time to wear in, oh and I do use it fairly heavily.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
What are your email notification settings, do you have any background tasks activated (ie. a weather app).

I've got 2 push email accounts (both EAS), Amazing Weather, CNN, Deal Flux, Facebook, Groupon, MyStocks Portfolio, and Wonder Reader with background access, plus a bunch of other apps using push notifications. After 7 hours, I'm at 63% ... and that's with about 20 minutes of Internet Sharing to my Surface tablet.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
My only battery life issue was confirmed yesterday as being a combination of having Facebook/Skype chat logged on all day AND having Facebook push notifications enabled. I shut those off and it's back to normal.

I've been using GPS (and leaving it ON in all apps) since Friday night, and I am traveling through Indiana right now for work... it is NOT Drive+ or GPS unless you're in a cave of a building.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills