Internet sharing messes up my MBPs Wifi adapter

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I need Internet sharing (tethering) on a daily basis. Unfortunately, I had to find out that somehow, the Lumia 920's WiFi signal messes with my Macbook Pro's wireless adapter. Every time I connect the MBP to the ad-hoc access point, it drops the connection after about a minute or so. After that, the adapter just hangs - have to do a full reboot on the MBP.

Has anybody else seen issues like that?

jeduhl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung smart PC tablet. I've been trying to get it to connect to my Lumia and keep getting "limited connectivity" warning. Basically won't work. Phone seems to have good cell signal, Samsung gets strong WiFi signal... They just won't talk. Trying to figure it out. Samsung connects to other hot spots just fine.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung smart PC tablet. I've been trying to get it to connect to my Lumia and keep getting "limited connectivity" warning. Basically won't work. Phone seems to have good cell signal, Samsung gets strong WiFi signal... They just won't talk. Trying to figure it out. Samsung connects to other hot spots just fine.

I also get the "limited connectivity" thing - then the adapter on the notebook hangs.

Anyone else seeing this?

jholl016

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue yesterday when using my Dell Latitude e6230. Kept getting Limited Connectivity. Rebooting both the phone and the laptop fixed it.

I'm also having further issues with WiFi. I connect to 2 networks, one at home and one at work. After connecting to one, the phone won't connect to the other network without a reboot. I get an error message saying something like "unable to communicate" or something like that. Can't remember exactly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss