Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    My friend with an iPhone can't seem to see MMSes I send, I can't see ones that she sends. Anyone else having this issue?

Sorry if this has been asked--I searched and didn't find anything.

Hi,

No such problem here. My wife has an IPhone 4S and we have sent and received MMS between her phone and my 920 over the weekend. Odd problem though. Which IPhone model does your friend have?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mammaldood View Post
    My friend with an iPhone can't seem to see MMSes I send, I can't see ones that she sends. Anyone else having this issue?

\

Did you recently switch from an iphone to the 920? I have seen and read about issues with that... messages getting lost in "iMessage purgatory".

Sounds like a pretty cool feature to me. I kid. If you switched from an iphone, that's your answer. How many days have you had the 920?

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Sounds like a pretty cool feature to me. I kid. If you switched from an iphone, that's your answer. How many days have you had the 920?
    Since Friday--so, 4 days. Came from Android on Virgin Mobile.

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts
    Did you set group messaging on?

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I notice I had issues on my Lumia 900 receiving MMS messages I ended up having to put it in Airplane mode, then turn of the airplane mode made sure wifi stayed disconnected reboot the phone and eventually it would work again.

On her iphone, is it set to send messages to your apple ID or to your phone number? If its set to go to your apple ID you wont see them. You have to change it to go to your phone number.
    Since Friday--so, 4 days. Came from Android on Virgin Mobile.
    Something may not be provisioned properly on your account if you came from another carrier. You may want to call about that.

I got the 920 yesterday and group text (uses MMS) wasn't working. I could send group text, but couldn't recieve... I tried everything, until I got on my iPhone (that was still connected to wifi for games and stuff) and turned off iMessage. I got a group text this morning from my brother, and it said in his contacts *on his iPhone* that my number went from an iphone device to a mobile device.

So long story short, try without iMessage.

I recently upgraded from my Iphone 4 to a nokia lumia 920. I reset my iphone to factory settings, all my contacts, apps, and accounts are not on the phone anymore. Why is it that I can't get pictures from a friends iphone 5 unless they use a texting app?
    (I can send them pictures though)

You probably have your apple ID assigned to your text program. Sign back into your iPhone and check the settings under iMessage. Set it to use your phone number and not your apple ID.

No issue in Mississippi, my wife hasn't upgraded yet to a 920 (she don't listen) but we send MMS all day long, wish we could video chat but can't..............