Rogers Lumia 920 (Second Batch) - Locked or Unlocked?

mapleleafs89

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone who purchased a Lumia 920 from rogers this week confirm whether or not the 920 comes locked or unlocked. I am aware the first batch last week was unlocked but haven't heard of this second batch coming locked or unlocked.

I called a few corporate stores, none had it in my area, but called a small rogers plus booth in a mall believe it or not and they told me they just received stock.

They told me it came locked, but I am not convinced as they probably would have said that for the last batch as well.

Hoping someone can clarify for me and others wondering, thanks!

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
im curious to know as well, I purchased the att version from BestBuy but after a few days with it I think I want to take it back and exchange it for the rogers version from negri electronics... my device has the that weird tint on the capacitive buttons and the weird vibration problem...

mapleleafs89

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
im curious to know as well, I purchased the att version from BestBuy but after a few days with it I think I want to take it back and exchange it for the rogers version from negri electronics... my device has the that weird tint on the capacitive buttons and the weird vibration problem...
Apparently this batch comes locked, one user has reported this over at Howard Forums.

They also noted the buttons at the bottom seemed whiter than the first batch which seemed to have a yellow tint.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Apparently this batch comes locked, one user has reported this over at Howard Forums.

They also noted the buttons at the bottom seemed whiter than the first batch which seemed to have a yellow tint.

Someone at Rogers forum said he bought outright but the phone is locked. However, another guy at XDA said he will receive the unlock code from Roger for $50 (CAD), and also he tried to pay $25 at a website to see if they can send the unlock code before Rogers. So for Rogers, I think we can buy it outright and unlock it either pay for it at somewhere or hope it unlocks out of the box, unlike AT&T.

EG8196

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Someone at Rogers forum said he bought outright but the phone is locked. However, another guy at XDA said he will receive the unlock code from Roger for $50 (CAD), and also he tried to pay $25 at a website to see if they can send the unlock code before Rogers. So for Rogers, I think we can buy it outright and unlock it either pay for it at somewhere or hope it unlocks out of the box, unlike AT&T.

The cheapest price for the unlock code is $15

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Just bought a Lumia 920 at a Rogers Plus store here in Regina. They only got one in and I was the lucky person to get it :). Just waiting for a unlock code at Canada GSM leading cell phones provider . I will let you guys know how it goes.

Someone from Howardforum said that he succeed to put Fido to work with the Roger. I just wonder if the device is locked, how it possible for him to put a Fido sim to get it work. Unless he was talking about his device being unlocked. Can you confirm this?

Rockstar Beaver

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Someone from Howardforum said that he succeed to put Fido to work with the Roger. I just wonder if the device is locked, how it possible for him to put a Fido sim to get it work. Unless he was talking about his device being unlocked. Can you confirm this?

I have a sasktel sim for work and a rogers sim for personal. When I put my sasktel sim in the phone it is locked. So the batch I received is locked to Rogers.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a sasktel sim for work and a rogers sim for personal. When I put my sasktel sim in the phone it is locked. So the batch I received is locked to Rogers.

So after all did you request the unlock code from Roger or you just waiting for the code from other website to get it unlocked?

P/s: I search for Sasktel and somewhere it said Sasktel uses CDMA. Are they using GSM right now?

Rockstar Beaver

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
So after all did you request the unlock code from Roger or you just waiting for the code from other website to get it unlocked?

P/s: I search for Sasktel and somewhere it said Sasktel uses CDMA. Are they using GSM right now?

I am just waiting for the code from other website to get it unlocked. Sasktel is using GSM now and will be getting LTE in the major centres very soon.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am just waiting for the code from other website to get it unlocked. Sasktel is using GSM now and will be getting LTE in the major centres very soon.

Hope to hear from you soon about the code. I checked out XDA, Howardforum, this forum and got mixed results. Really hope the phone will be unlocked right out of the box or at least it could be done quickly, unlike AT&T. Negri supposed to have stock by tomorrow and I will contact them to ask about this.

P/s: Btw, do the headphone include in the box because I see Roger lists it in their website.

wp7USER

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

Um I bought one yesterday, today or whatever you wanna call it and the buttons at the bottom have a yellow tint. I tried a fido sim in it and it worked. But am still not sure if its unlocked because I've heard on other forums that fido sims work in rogers phones without unlocking so am not sure till I can actually try a wind mobile sim in it to confirm. I would truly be upset because I just purchased an unlock code:mad:

mapleleafs89

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Um I bought one yesterday, today or whatever you wanna call it and the buttons at the bottom have a yellow tint. I tried a fido sim in it and it worked. But am still not sure if its unlocked because I've heard on other forums that fido sims work in rogers phones without unlocking so am not sure till I can actually try a wind mobile sim in it to confirm. I would truly be upset because I just purchased an unlock code:mad:

Yeah I've heard even if the phones locked to rogers fido sims work in them, so its probably still locked. Still waiting on someone to test a Wind SIM in an unlocked one though

snailium

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

Basically, Rogers and Fido are the same company. They use the same network. Although the MNCs are different, I think the network lock approves all MNCs they have. So, not a surprise if Fido SIM works on locked Rogers phone.

If a wind SIM or Bell SIM is working on 920, that proves it is fully unlocked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99