Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    1,442 Global Posts
    Anybody have issues with this?

I tried making a group thread via text, one of the participants, when he replies, only goes to me, but the other person stays withint he thread windows.

Anybody have same experience? Anybody have it working properly?

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts
    did you set it up?
    Setting/applications/messaging/Group text ON

Global Posts
    1,442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xattica View Post
    did you set it up?
    Setting/applications/messaging/Group text ON
    i did.

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    If you don't find a solution you might want to give groupme a try. It seems like a really nifty app.

Microsoft releases GroupMe 4.0 for Windows Phone right on schedule | Windows Phone Central

Global Posts
    1,442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    If you don't find a solution you might want to give groupme a try. It seems like a really nifty app.

Microsoft releases GroupMe 4.0 for Windows Phone right on schedule | Windows Phone Central
    THanks for suggestion, but i have whatsapp, i believe this could be the battery hog that is causing battery issues for me. so i would rather not get another 3rd party texting app.

Would be nice to get the group text going, no issues with battery there and issues with delayed incoming and outgoing texts on whatsapp.

I've tried it in wp7, worked fine, not sure why its not working now. Or at least it works for one of the participants and not the other.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Global Posts
    1,442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nzrocketman View Post
    nobody has nokia pulse :(

anyway, so apparently there is a small blurb that message needs to be sent as MMS to stay in the group thread? what?? There is not a way to get normal text replies to stay in the group thread? what is the point of group chat then on this OS???

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    nobody has nokia pulse :(

anyway, so apparently there is a small blurb that message needs to be sent as MMS to stay in the group thread? what?? There is not a way to get normal text replies to stay in the group thread? what is the point of group chat then on this OS???
    I thought it was that all texts are sent as MMS when group text is turned on.

Global Posts
    1,442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveamystery View Post
    I thought it was that all texts are sent as MMS when group text is turned on.
    Not sure, if it did, the replies should be staying in the thread or could it be an issue on the other end??

THanks for suggestion, but i have whatsapp, i believe this could be the battery hog that is causing battery issues for me. so i would rather not get another 3rd party texting app.

Would be nice to get the group text going, no issues with battery there and issues with delayed incoming and outgoing texts on whatsapp.

I've tried it in wp7, worked fine, not sure why its not working now. Or at least it works for one of the participants and not the other.
    Someone should test if uninstalling whatsapp improves battery life. I notice that the app is extremely poorly made for wp8 (its my most used app in ios and android). I notice for sending/receiving it's polling the servers much more than it should be.

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Anybody have issues with this?

I tried making a group thread via text, one of the participants, when he replies, only goes to me, but the other person stays withint he thread windows.

Anybody have same experience? Anybody have it working properly?
    Isn't that a problem with the other person's phone? Either they have group messaging turned off. Or they are using an Android phone that does not support Group texts....

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    Sounds like the other person has an Android. BlackBerrys, iPhones, and WPs all support group messaging but Androids do not without a third party sms app.

Global Posts
    1,442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phirefly View Post
    Sounds like the other person has an Android. BlackBerrys, iPhones, and WPs all support group messaging but Androids do not without a third party sms app.
    The person that ended up being separate has an android. The phone that stayed within the thread has an iphone. I guess that could be it :(

Everybody just needs to get wp8 phone sto make it easier for group texting

OP- if its just one person, then I assume they have a "Reply All" feature on their phone, and it will only come from him. He needs to have a phone that supports group text (or turn the feature on) In iPhone and WP, its under message settings, then group text ON. (like you have already done).

Find out what kind of phone they have and we can isolate the issue further :)

Global Posts
    1,442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drew46911 View Post
    OP- if its just one person, then I assume they have a "Reply All" feature on their phone, and it will only come from him. He needs to have a phone that supports group text (or turn the feature on) In iPhone and WP, its under message settings, then group text ON. (like you have already done).

Find out what kind of phone they have and we can isolate the issue further :)
    I think its called.galaxy nexus? I know its a nexus not the newest one of course