Bank of America app killed my phone

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is a Windows Phone 8 problem or Nokia 920.

Once a month I get an expense check that I use the BofA app to deposit into my account. So today I go and install the app on my new 920 and try to use it to deposit the check by taking a picture.

The camera never turns on so I figure it's just not compatible. Unfortunately I find that the camera app will not work at all now. Got it to work after a reboot so I tried again. Still not working. BofA killed the camera app again but now it's also freezing the phone. Uninstalling the BofA app did not fix it this time and the phone starts to freeze and reboot at random.

Proceeded to reset the phone to start over from scratch. Did not even restore from the new WP8 backup system....oh, no... Camera app still not working! Going to try another reset... :(

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'll try it on my end as I use BoA as well. Will report back.

Update: Works fine. Signed in, deposited a check, signed out, opened camera, still good.

KILLAchievement

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I too used mine yesterday with no issues. This is odd, because more than likely all BoA is using is an API, so it is not actually modifiying anything in ths OS that would cause it to stop working in the Camera app itself.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Bummer. Looks like a coincidence that your camera crapped out while you were using the BoA app. Can you exchange the phone?

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Great to know it's not the BofA app!

No matter what I do the camera app will not start now. Just exits. Any app that tries to use the camera app also exits or freezes.

Guess I'll have to exchange it :(

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Great to know it's not the BofA app!

No matter what I do the camera app will not start now. Just exits. Any app that tries to use the camera app also exits or freezes.

Guess I'll have to exchange it :(

Just reinstall the OS firmware or factory reset your phone. It should solve your problem. :cool:

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The app is certainly buggy when trying to deposit checks. I had to try a few times, but it eventually worked. I think it's an app coded for WP7 and hasn't been updated yet. Once that happens, we should be in the clear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos